spendius

Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:59 pm
Our news is giving the impression that the Gutsy Broad is not done with yet.

And Mr Obama certainly looked a bit nervous to me in the interview I saw.

Putting it bluntly it looked like the Gutsy Broad or the McCain heartbeat and Mr Obama is not in the game.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:45 pm
@sozobe,
What is it that worries you about the media talking about Obama/assasination?
sozobe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:16 am
@snood,
That it'd scare people off.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 05:20 am
@eoe,
Actually the polls do reflect this a bit -- they show that Obama supporters are more passionate than McCain supporters. That is, a higher percentage (I can look this up if anyone's interested) of Obama supporters strongly support Obama than McCain supporters strongly support McCain.

That makes sense in terms of bumper stickers and such.
eoe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:47 am
@sozobe,
According to what I've been hearing, there are googobs of white people out here who PASSIONATELY do not want Obama as president. There are bunches of women who are so passionately pissed off about Hillary and are voting for anyone and anything other than Obama. So, where are their bumper stickers and yard signs?

My point is, what the polls tell us, what the media tells us and what is truth, are often very different.
teenyboone

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:12 am
@eoe,
So why can't they get over themselves?
spendius

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
@teenyboone,
Why should they get over themselves?

There's 18 million of them they tell us.

Whoever heard of 18 million getting over themselves in politics when they have worked and cheered the Gutsy Broad for months and some of them for years.

18 million is a force to be reckoned with whatever they think.

That's politics. You could get over your self though.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:26 am
@McTag,
Apparently presidents, and even presidents-elect have been subject either assassination, or assassination attempts. This has been a "tradition" in this country. There will always be nutjobs in this country who want to get rid of a head or apparent head of state through assassination.

Quote:
1 Assassinations
1.1 Abraham Lincoln
1.2 James A. Garfield
1.3 William McKinley
1.4 John F. Kennedy

2 Attempted assassinations
2.1 Andrew Jackson
2.2 Theodore Roosevelt
2.3 Franklin D. Roosevelt
2.4 Harry S Truman
2.5 John F. Kennedy
2.6 Richard M. Nixon

2.6.1 First assassination attempt
2.6.2 Second assassination attempt
2.7 Gerald R. Ford
2.7.1 First assassination attempt
2.7.2 Second assassination attempt
2.8 Jimmy Carter
2.9 Ronald Reagan
2.10 George H.W. Bush
2.11 Bill Clinton
2.12 George W. Bush

3 Presidential deaths rumored to be assassinations
3.1 Zachary Taylor
3.2 Warren G. Harding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Presidential_assassination_attempts
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:48 am
@eoe,
according to what I've seen and heard over the years there are googobs of black people who PASSIONATELY don't want McCain and didn't want Hillary to be president and since Obama has runsuddenly there has been a big turn out of new black voters.

So.....is everyone a racist?
sozobe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
@eoe,
eoe wrote:
My point is, what the polls tell us, what the media tells us and what is truth, are often very different.

Oh yeah, complete agreement.

I did get that from your original comment too, sorry if that wasn't clear. More a jumping-off point than a disagreement.
0 Replies

eoe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:11 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Racist? Who said anything about that? My point is, the media and the polls are prone to pissing on our heads and calling it rain. Maybe there AREN'T googobs of white people who aren't voting for Obama and maybe there AREN'T as many women pissed off about Hillary as the media and the polls would have us believe. Certainly not the whole 18 mil Hill supporters that's been ballyhooed about.
McTag

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:49 pm
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/08/26/bill512.jpg

from the paper today
old europe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:56 pm
@McTag,
Funny!

I was just looking up Gallup polls, and they had been polling people about Bill Clinton's legacy. And the interesting thing is: current polling numbers show the most positive review he has gotten in this poll to this date:

http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080827BillC1_h7g4bd.gif

His legacy seems to be quite intact....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:50 pm
@eoe,
When you say googobs of white people who PASSIONATELY don't want Obama as president.... that has racial undertones... I don't care who you are. I didn't say you were a racist. I was saying the racial argument could be presented in more than one way.

I agree about the media.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 02:51 pm
@eoe,
When you say googobs of white people who PASSIONATELY don't want Obama as president.... that has racial undertones... I don't care who you are. I didn't say you were a racist. I was saying the racial argument could be presented in more than one way.

I agree about the media.
maporsche

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:03 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Those aren't "undertones" that is pretty blatent.
eoe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:44 pm
@maporsche,
oooo, you boys are so sensitive these days.
Butrflynet

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:48 pm
It's official! Hillary Clinton just moved that the convention unanimously nominate Barack Obama as the Democratic Party's nominee.

Time to get to work!

Register and get out those voters!
nicole415

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Obama accepts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eoe

Wed 27 Aug, 2008 04:55 pm
@nicole415,
It's a done deal baby!!! Whooo-hooo. I so wish my father and mother were here for this!