i want to learn hebrew

brahmin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:40 am
can someone help me??

i want to learn Hebrew, not maybe the tough Hebrew of the scriptures, but the "modern hebrew" thats spoken in Israel today.

can someone help me??

does anyone know online courses etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 597 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:58 am
There are lots of Hebrew courses online. Do you want a simple freebee? Do you want a serious, college level course, that might cost some money?

If you go to www.google.com and type "hebrew courses online", you will find plenty of choices.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:02 am
i need to speak to israelis within a year or so. business talks. i need to learn to conversy in hebrew, everyday hebrew so to speak.

a freebie could be a good way to start, after that i'll upgrade for a full course if need be.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:56 am
brahmin
You may be interested in this
http://www.milingua.com/HebrewBeginnersFree/BeginnersFree.htm
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 01:18 pm
FANTASTIC.

tyvm.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:09 pm
brahmin
I should note that most Israeli's speak English. Particularly those in business. I know that from personal experience.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:21 pm
thats ok. but i'd like to learn to converse in hebrew at least. not attempting to be a scholar, i may not even learn to read and write (not easy), but want to talk and understand everyday hebrew. i have been through 2 04 3 lessons there, and tho very different from indo-aryan (mine is a sanskritic language, ie. a daughter language of Sanskrit), hebrew is also very logical.
0 Replies