Al Gore: Country straying from principles

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
No, D'artagnan, it was a typo. I don't do that with names, parties, or screen names, though I may someday abbreviate an name as D'art or DTOM.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
I meant "a name", of course.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:52 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
"The warnings were there" before the attacks, Gore said. He asserted that Bush's Justice Department had devoted more time and agents to investigating a suspected brothel in New Orleans than to monitoring bin Laden and his al-Qaida network.

And we are to assume that those warnings didnt exist when he was in the White House?

no mystery. at least what i got out of it was that there was some info coming to light and that clinton/gore were trying to get more and more as time went on.

i really think that some people were/are so busy hoppin' up and down about monica that they forget that although there have been a few other lonewolf type middle eastern terrorists, like carlos, bin laden and his al qaida network are a relatively new phenomenon.

frankly, i remember that pretty much everytime clinto tried to do the right thing, like in bosnia and the missle attacks on sudan, afghanistan etc., it got painted as a purposeful distraction from the starr investigation.

as i've mentioned before, a few that are fixated on that aspect of the clinton presidency have yet to explain why bush came into office with more info on bin laden than clinton had for all but a few weeks of his administration and did not do anything pro-active...

to be fair, i'm not sure just what he could have done that would have been 100% effective, but the rhetoric about how lame bill was on the topic certainly begs the question.

-----

that reminds me, mystery...

i didn'y realize until the other day how long you were in for. did you guys ever really hear anything specifically about obl during the 90's ?
0 Replies