Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 11:12 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 854 • Replies: 22
No top replies

snood

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 11:16 am
I don't know of anyone I could support more than Gore in '08.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 11:32 am
2/9/2004: Al Gore: Bush "Betrayed" America

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Al Gore, who lost the presidency to George W. Bush in 2000, assailed the commander in chief Sunday, accusing him of betraying the nation by invading Iraq.

"He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure, dangerous to our troops, that was preordained and planned before 9-11," Gore told Tennessee Democrats at a party event.

The former vice president said that he, like millions of others, had put partisanship aside after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and wanted Bush to lead the nation. Instead, Gore shouted to the crowd, Bush "betrayed us."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:46 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
2/9/2004: Al Gore: Bush "Betrayed" America

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Al Gore, who lost the presidency to George W. Bush in 2000, assailed the commander in chief Sunday, accusing him of betraying the nation by invading Iraq.

"He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure, dangerous to our troops, that was preordained and planned before 9-11," Gore told Tennessee Democrats at a party event.

The former vice president said that he, like millions of others, had put partisanship aside after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and wanted Bush to lead the nation. Instead, Gore shouted to the crowd, Bush "betrayed us."

I'm sure there's a point to your posting this 2 year old news story...

(I can probably guess, but hope I'm suprised)
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:58 pm
snood, well I think betrayed is the right word. Gore is the only leading Dem with guts enough to use it. He's laying on the line for a few years now in a way America needs. Here's one from 2002 that really hit the nail on the head. "Gore: Bush Ignored Signs of Al-Qaida Threat
By Tom Raum
Salon | Associated Press

Thursday, 26 September, 2002

Democrat Al Gore, criticizing President Bush as he tests the waters for another possible presidential bid, accused the administration Thursday of an "attack on civil liberties" and ignoring signs that Osama bin Laden had been planning a terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

It was the former vice president's second scathing attack on Bush in a week.

Speaking at a Democratic fund-raising breakfast in Wilmington, Del., Gore took issue with the administration's handling of intelligence information prior to the Sept. 11 attacks and for its treatment of some terrorism suspects since then.

"The warnings were there" before the attacks, Gore said. He asserted that Bush's Justice Department had devoted more time and agents to investigating a suspected brothel in New Orleans than to monitoring bin Laden and his al-Qaida network.

"Where is the sense of priorities?" asked Gore.
source
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 01:36 pm
Gore may be good, but if he's going to make another run at the presidency, he better learn how to run against someone besides Bush. Really, Bush is on his last term.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:03 am
roger wrote:
Gore may be good, but if he's going to make another run at the presidency, he better learn how to run against someone besides Bush. Really, Bush is on his last term.

What Gore is doing is highlighting everything that Bush has done and is advocating that we need a change from the Bush administration's policies. We need to keep hearing Gore's kinds of speeches or we will be back to being lulled into believing the administration's policies are alright.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:54 am
Whose principals are we straying from? AlGore's?

Than I am OK with that.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:11 am
Sure, revel. Kerry's entire platform was the Any Body But Bush plank. Maybe it'll work for Gore. Why would you guys want to waste any time campaigning against some one actually running.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 09:35 am
Gore is addressing the right issues. Criminal negligence leading to 911. And the highest crime a CIC could commit, betraying us into war.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 10:52 am
It more than just "anybody but bush", it's more about changing the direction this administration has taken us. Whether it is good campaign strategy or not is beside the point, we need to keep hearing the truth and Gore has been telling the truth since around the time of the Iraq war unlike a lot of others in the democratic party. I hope he keeps it up.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:01 am
We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:25 am
2001: Powell & Rice Declare Iraq Has No WMD and Is Not a Threat
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-no-wmd.htm
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:45 am
blueflame1 wrote:
2001: Powell & Rice Declare Iraq Has No WMD and Is Not a Threat
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-no-wmd.htm

I thought we were talking about AlGore and his credibility (or lack thereof)?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:54 am
woiyo, obviously Gore was wrong as we now know Saddam had no stckpiles of WMD. And Powell and Rice were right in 2001 when they said Saddam was no threat and had no WMD. We know what changed Gore's mind. But whatever made Powell and Rice change theirs? To bad Bushie didn't work with Blix. No blood needed to be spilt over the WMD issue. Bushie rushed to war to carry out a PNAC agenda that called for an invasion of Iraq whether Saddam was dead or alive.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 12:45 pm
woiyo wrote:
Whose principals are we straying from? AlGore's?

Than I am OK with that.

Leaving aside that you make a worn out joke with his name, what principles of Mr Gore's are you against?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 01:54 pm
roger wrote:

hahaha! yeah. but there's more where he came from and they talk the same talk.

president gore. now that would be a really ironic statement by the american people. Laughing

hannity's spin on (selected lines, of course) this speech last night were a real side splitter. what a partisan hack.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:07 pm
I would take Gore over Kerry, and from time to time, I think I shoud have taken Gore over Bush.

There's an old adage, something like "Generals always plan for the last war." Should we pop up with a Republican that I like, I would hope that Democrates think like generals. Should they come up with a better Democrate, I would find that regretable.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 02:14 pm
"Democrate"? Is that some new way to slur the name of the party (as in "the Democrat Party") or a typo?

One tries to keep up...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 06:59 pm
Quote:
"The warnings were there" before the attacks, Gore said. He asserted that Bush's Justice Department had devoted more time and agents to investigating a suspected brothel in New Orleans than to monitoring bin Laden and his al-Qaida network.

And we are to assume that those warnings didnt exist when he was in the White House?
0 Replies