Oh bum.

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 03:51 pm
Last night I went out to town with a few mates for one of their birthdays , my ex-girlfriend (of a month and a half) was one of them in the crowd.

After a few drinks, the inevitable began to happen. We were getting more and more flirty towards each other, then almost immediately, she went off and tried to ignore me for the whole night by using her phone as an alaby. I know this was only an attempt to save our emotions.

Basically, I feel an uncontrollable attraction to her and its just messing me up, does anyone have any advice on how to 'repull' her? I've seriously thought things through and reckon all the little problems we once had (the reason we split) have now been cleared up due to the time we've spent away from each other, we've learnt to appreciate and respect each other alot more.

Can anyone help? Sorry if I'm just being silly!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:45 pm
Were you completely sober when you wrote this?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:48 pm
Re: Oh bum.
DarkJohn wrote:
. . . using her phone as an alaby. . .

I forget, is an alaby that thing with the duckbill, or the thing like a bitty kangaroo?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:59 pm
DarkJohn- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

When you are sober, why don't you give her a call? You have nothing to lose, and maybe you can reconnect. I agree with your perception that she probably realized that the booze was causing her to do things that she normally would not.

Hey, if I were you, I would give it a shot. Good luck, and let us know how it works out!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:03 pm
I asked because many times we drunk dial--or are strongly affected on romantic/sexual/loneliness issues by alcohol.

Wait a while and ask yourself if the problem between you was resolved--or if you're just lonely.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:17 pm
actually cypher cat it is a wallaby the bitty kangaroo.

Dark John forget about this one she has too many problems she needs to sort out and trust me you don't need it (from what I gathered you prety young so why deal wiht this you have no obligations to her) and it's s (excuse me for saying this) just safer and eaisier to go back to her then move on to somethingg new. Don't get stuck in a self destrucitve rut , ruts are easy to get into and oh so hard to get out of. Trust me man; stay away from on off relationships because unless you are a sucker for the drama (some people dig to fight and make up or break up and get back together for kicks.) it only leads to heart ache.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:23 pm
i agree with lash, and phoenix...in that order, ha. which means - ask yourself the same questions in a few days, and if the answers remain the same, give the girl a call.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:32 pm
tagged_lyricist wrote:
actually cypher cat it is a wallaby the bitty kangaroo.

Okay, so it's going to be another one of those nobody-gets-my-jokes days. I'll make a note of that and quit now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:33 pm
I got it!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
Whew! Laughing
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:14 am
Thanks guys! Ill give her a call in a few days..

and for the record, i was completely sober when that was written! I suppose i could be a bit lonely, but you cant really blame one can you?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 09:05 am
Dark John,

I just wanted to make sure you knew I didn't intend the "loneliness" issue as a criticism. I just didn't want you to mistake it for love. People get hurt and find themselves in worse situations many times, when they make that error.

Just trying to help. Smile

Good luck with whatever yuo choose to do!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 09:08 am
Good Luck John :-D
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 09:10 am
poor kitty.
i always think you are funny. hehe

But- my question is how can you think that your problems are worked out if you never did anything to 'work' on them but ignore each other?

that doesnt resolve, that just coats things. Either in a negative or positive way.
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:08 pm
Don't worry! No offence was taken!

Well, I just suppose we we're both over paranoid in the relationship, and the time we've had apart has helped us realise that.

Im going to just try and cut down on her for a few weeks, she told me she wanted to meet up with me sometime this week but I feel its just going to end up messing me up, but the love I feel for her is still so immense I feel I need to see her.

Would you guys consider perhaps me producing a chart which I can allocate myself texts/emails/kisses (x) to her each day such as for example:

Wed, 15th March
2 Emails
4 kisses
1 Text

Thurs, 16th March
4 Emails
1 Kiss
0 Texts

..and let it vary from day to day, this may help her realise I can be independant on my own, therefore making me more appealing?!

Oh, by the way, We're both 18 if you want to know.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 06:12 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of course. Montana, would you get right on that? Laughing

Silly boy! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
I vote for DarkJohn as Most Adorable Fellow on A2K. I think that chart idea is about the most endearingly quirky thing I've ever seen.

(Yet also vaguely disturbing.)

In short, adorable. Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:56 pm
Ooooh I need some charts like that ! Get my life in order an' all.

Them would solve my problems in a jiffy! Razz

Hey, perhaps we should all make the charts for each other like that. Let a random fellow A2K'er make your chart for a week. Now that would be interesting.

Just dont let Dag make mine, cos just reading about her life I feel tired! Razz
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:58 pm
I love that idea! Someone make me a chart, I'll seriously do whatever is on it. Sounds like a great way to simplify.
0 Replies