A Digression Thread: or old furniture in a new house.

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 07:34 pm
Deb... hope your tummy's better soon.... the weekend is almost here!!!

Bandylu.... how about those hard clear rectangular plastic packages, that have the hole for hanging on the hook at the store, that are fused together around the outside and contain a small object in the middle..... the ones that require a crowbar to get apart!!! And, quite often they contain a toy for a young child, who shouldn't need to use a crowbar (or a Monkey Wrench!!!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 07:51 pm
too many wenches in the mix, jjorge?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 08:03 pm
P&L -- and then you open it and find out something is missing or it's broken and you can't return it cause you ribbed the whole thing apart trying to open the blankety-blank thing. GRRRRRR.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 08:49 pm
ehBeth

Yes...no...that is...er...well, the wenches here aren't behaving as wenches!

"...A wench show normally consists of several
performances of bawdy songs connected by
innuendo-filled dialogue between the wenches..."
( International Wenches Guild www.wench.org/about/ )
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 08:53 pm
Hi jjorge -- that's a Great website!!! LOL....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:12 pm
Ahem. I think there's work for an interpreter here, so here I am.
Deb, when these Yanks speak of 'wrenches' they mean a spanner.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:16 pm
a wenches website! superb!

jjorge, deb bie can innuendo with the very finest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 10:17 pm
and bubbles, Setanta has been advised that cosseting will not be tolerated. Feel free to pinch him if he tries anything.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 11:26 pm
I can't get into that site, jjorge. Keep getting 'timeouts.' Must be one damn popular site with too many hits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 11:31 pm
I so knew about wrenches! However, I do call them spanners.

Bethie - cosseting is so innocent! Especially when involving possets, which are purely medicinal, although not allopathic.

I do not believe I have ever had a posset, unless lemon and honey for a cold count, or egg-nog.

Egg-nog certainly has a possety feel about it - especially the nutmeg, which raises the spirits wonderfully just by its scent.

Perhaps, as I have been cruelly forced to work this afternoon by the scarcity of bodies to replace me at this particular bit of work, which is minding another clinic while they are off planning....... stuff, and since I am unwontedly and unwantingly situated in the middle of an extremely large shopping centre, which quite drives me distracted at the best of the times with its bustle and glare and artificiality (although I am told that these dreadful places do, in fact, form a cultural and social mecca, which is quite vibrant and valid - well, frankly you could have fooled ME, but I digress) anyway, perhaps I ought to turn this particular sword into a ploughshare and go and buy some nutmeg!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 11:39 pm
I so knew about wrenches! However, I do call them spanners.

Bethie - cosseting is so innocent! Especially when involving possets, which are purely medicinal, although not allopathic.

I do not believe I have ever had a posset, unless lemon and honey for a cold count, or egg-nog.

Egg-nog certainly has a possety feel about it - especially the nutmeg, which raises the spirits wonderfully just by its scent.

Perhaps, as I have been cruelly forced to work this afternoon by the scarcity of bodies to replace me at this particular bit of work, which is minding another clinic while they are off planning....... stuff, and since I am unwontedly and unwantingly situated in the middle of an extremely large shopping centre, which quite drives me distracted at the best of the times with its bustle and glare and artificiality (although I am told that these dreadful places do, in fact, form a cultural and social mecca, which is quite vibrant and valid - well, frankly you could have fooled ME, but I digress) anyway, perhaps I ought to turn this particular sword into a ploughshare and go and buy some nutmeg!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 05:45 am
Cosseting is NOT innocent when YOU are in the middle of it. I'm Quite sure of that. If you see a sorta big guy wearing red long johns wandering through, do not cosset him. You are, however, encouraged to wish him an early Happy Birthday.

announcement announcement! Setanta's birthday is tomorrow!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 06:27 am
Old American saying, Deb -- "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 06:58 am
Happy Birthday Setanta!!!!!!!! And it may well be his birthday here already!!!

But, alas, even if it IS his birthday here ehBeth has decreed that there is to be no cosseting - so go buy your own cake Mr S!

MA - sadly, I do not need for things to be tough to go shopping - in fact I often create toughness for my self BY going shopping.

This could get very nasty if the toughness leads me to more shopping - sigh.

I forgot the nutmeg - but I did buy a wee computer microphone - as well as sore tummy, I now have a weird rash around my mouth - I'M FALLING APART HERE!

Something's gonna drop off soon, just you see if it doesn't.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:43 am
i will pamper the lad, he's got nothin' to worry about - except maybe an excess of kissing from a small, amorous canine.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 11:45 am
nutmeg, microphone - pretty much the same
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 03:27 pm
Miss Cleo ain't allowed to kiss me, you know that . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 05:00 pm
you have to sleep sometime. and that's all i'm saying.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 05:01 pm
funny how these avatars kinda look like us in a very odd way - one of us lyin' down and yawnin', the other in a hat!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2002 09:43 pm
You wear hats, Beth? What kind pray tell?

I look simply horrid in hats - it is a truly sad thing - there have been sadder things, like war, famine. pestilence and all that stuff - nonetheless, on a small domestic scale, there are few sadder things than me in a hat.

Which is a pain, what with the ozone layer gone and all.
0 Replies