Slow day, slow weeks...

Wy

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:10 am
It's so slow at work right now! There are people staffed from 6 am to 11 pm and only a little work to do. By the time I get in at 8 the 6am folk have done all that's here... Around noon or one there's six of us here and NOTHING on the incoming table.

I believe that there's always something to do. But the drawers are clean and neat, the supplies are organized, everything is put away properly and labeled so we all know where to find what we need. Procedures have been reviewed and updated, little glitches seen to. I have done three classes in online training to improve my skills. There are two more courses (Dreamweaver 1 and 2) I'd like to take there, so that will be part of today and part of tomorrow...

I think I'll go see if anybody in the next department over either needs some help with something, or has time to teach me about their job...

...and, as always, thank you for listening to me vent...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:34 am
How odd. All our crews are working, and I'm still scrambling for something to do. Checking with the next department - darn good idea.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:55 am
I love the job I have now (especially when it's a little busier!) but if I really want to grow, the next department is a logical step up. They work with Quark and Pagemaker on Macs, which I never have...

edit to add a p.s.: I am now happily engaged in putting labels and cd's into 500 jewel cases...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 03:31 pm
The devil finds mischief for idle hands.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:33 pm
Mischief indeed! I got my 500 done... today I pasted pictures on boards...
0 Replies