The Rainsoft System Sucks

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:06 am
I bought a Rainsoft water system for my house and it's junk.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 710 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:13 am
Slow day at the swamp Gus?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:19 pm
Thanks, Gus. I'll put Rainsoft water system on my "Do Not Buy" list.

Btw, if you ever go to Disney World, skip that "It's A Small World" thing. That's a piece of junk too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Slow day at the swamp Gus?

There's a reason for my madness, Green Witch. I posted that earlier because there were a couple of Rainsoft representatives singing the praises of their product. The thread title was something like "Rainsoft is Fantastic!"

I just felt by having my thread title next to theirs it would create a more fair and balanced viewpoint.

Just trying to do my part to weed out the scumbag product hawkers.
0 Replies

artie in miami

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 02:42 pm
gus is right !!
Gus
I did a little investigating myself and found that the Florida Atty General has had so many complaints about rainsoft, that they have set up a special "hot line" and are fining the company for every person that complains about their service !! Wait till you hear what they did to me...in 2003 my rainsoft softener (bought in '87) died...the local rep said it was a computerized head, no good for the tropics (So Florida) due to the humidity and I could upgrade to a new head for around 2k !! So I did it, the guy came out and did the upgrade...but...when he was done, I now have a mechanical timer but it has a brass valve system...in the computer (I called the company) it says that I have a composite head (no brass)...the local guy screwed me !! He gave me someone elses used head for my upgrade !! What a con job !! No wonder so many people are complaining about them...when I called to complain, they sent the rep out and he tried to get me to sign a ticket ( $99 first 15 min, $30 for each additional 15min). I sent him packing and am trying to get through to the regional rep for So Florida. I want to know what happened to my composite head...did it decompose and change to brass !!

artie in miami
0 Replies