My 'wonderful' ex-girlfriend

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 03:31 am
Heya, Im new to the forum. I was reccommended this site by a freind a while ago when i started having problems with my girlfriend.

Well anyway, I wonder if any of you can help.

I've recently broke up with her because of the continuous arguements we used to have and the guilt we used to leave each other with, there was also the fact that she tried to dominate me and that she always had to be right.

About 90% of the time I speak to her, it leads me to tears because of what ive written above. I still love her, and I know she still loves me.

Also, she keeps telling me she doesnt want to speak or see me again, I know this is just to get me down because she isnt the sort of person to say something like that, and also the fact after our conversations she end up trying to make me arrange to see her.

Which brings me onto another point, she tells me im not putting in the effort when I'm the only one who arranges for us to meet, I payed for us both to come to the cinema (despite the fact I couldnt really afford it) and asked her if she wanted to meet up last night, she couldnt make it which was fair enough but she managed to turn it around to make it look like i didnt care about her.

There's probably more but lets not over do things!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,010 • Replies: 14
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 03:59 am
two words.

Move on.

Theres nothing for you here. Go out with other friends. forget about her, meet new people, have fun not angst. plenty more fish in the sea. Dump her shes a slag.

Its over my son recognise the fact.
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:51 am
I dont think im explaining it properly.
When we get on, its great, We're both so happy and in love with each other (even if we have split up), its just all the other times which get us down.

Shes a nice girl, and have to consider shes got a lot on her plate at the moment with Uni interviews and stuff but surely this isnt a way to treat me like she does?

Another thing I cant get my head around, I cant talk to her about my problems as I feel somewhat threatened an arguement will begin to brew, but me not telling her things is brewing an arguement anyway, probably a more violent one.

I would love to get back with her if it was like when it used to be, I still believe theres something there... am I seeing some sort of sence or am i holding onto something which is long gone.

Oh, Im just so confused!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:33 am
read my post again DJ...... does it say the same thing it did the first time? Theres a reason for that.

Truth never changes. Grieve all you want it wont change the favct that your relationship with this girl is O V E R!!!! accept the fact

If you dont want to hear me thats fine but it still doesnt change the fact that you have no relationship with this girl.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:39 am
Wait a minute...who's your friend?

these things have to be checked out you know.....
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:55 am
what my ex or the friend who reccommended me to the site?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:58 am
did i say ex or friend?
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:12 am
oh, well shes called Ruth on this her name is The_Pentical_Queen
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:44 am
Well ok then, carry on....

<stamps "APPROVED" on DarkJohns avatar, yet to be released>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:48 am
DarkJohn wrote:

I would love to get back with her if it was like when it used to be, I still believe theres something there... am I seeing some sort of sence or am i holding onto something which is long gone.

I was like your ex when I was younger. It doesn't have anything to do with you , as much as you like to believe it does.

She isn't ready to be in a relationship. It's over, done, and you need to let it go hun.

I can say this with absolute certainty:
If you go back to her, things will get worse.
She'll think you're a weak idiot for putting up with her crap, and for trying to force things "how they used to be".
She can't do it. She's letting you know that by her behavior.

Sorry If that's harsh. But it isn't good for anyone to live in Fantasy-Land. And I'm in a no BS mood lately.
cheers
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:49 am
Oh yeah....

And WELCOME TO A2K EH!

Laughing Razz

I better get some coffee in me, stat. That was so rude of me!
0 Replies

DarkJohn

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:08 am
LOL!

Thank you all for your advice, it's much appreciated!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:02 am
DarkJohn, every relationship has it's pitfalls. The choice we all have to make is if it's worth it and if we can look past the bad things.

You say you argue a lot. Over what? The fact that she is too bossy? Or the fact that you wanted double cheese on the pizza and she didn't?

The first is never going to change. It's a behavior, a personality trait and those things can never be expected to change. Could something like that change? Sure. But don't bet on it.

The second is something that really is showing off a deeper problem. Couples who fight (not bicker, but actually start arguments) over things like what toppings are going on the pizza usually have a deeper issue that neither party is willing to deal with.

Take a look at who starts the arguments. Is it her? Maybe there is something else bothering her and it's manifesting itself into a petty pizza argument.

From your post I gather you are both seniors in high school, or have just graduated and are getting ready to head to college. At this point in your life, you are both changing so much. Maybe you just aren't ready for an "adult" relationship. And don't take that the wrong way. It just means that a young relationship has much different dynamics than an older one. And one of the things that mature, adult relationships understand is that the feeling of love isn't all you need. Sometimes, feeling love for someone doesn't mean that the relationship is going to work out. Life gets in the way. Our idiosyncrasies get in the way. Mature relationships understand that love, in it's deeper sense, is accepting the other person for who they are and taking the good with the bad. You may love her but do you love her enough to compromise with her and she with you? It sounds that one of you is not willing to do so because something has to be fueling these arguments.

Don't get me wrong; everyone has disagreements and I am not saying you should agree with each other every second of every day. But what I am saying is that you shouldn't be feeling bad 50% of the time you are together. That sort of voids the wonderful, happy feelings you have the other 50% of the time.

Personally, I think that this relationship is over. I don't think that either of you understand what it takes to make a relationship like this work.

Go off to college, date, enjoy being young, and when you find the right person to be with, you won't have to ask if the relationship is worth saving. You will know if it is or not.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:08 am
well said, bella.

Welcome to A2K, darkjohn!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
DJ, Good relationships do not have the problems you are describing. The other people hear have already said it: It's time to find someone new or just work on being a better you.
0 Replies