topic

rache

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
I already completed my essay, but when I reviewed my question again, I found probably there is different meaning about it. So, could anybody help me to confirm again?

"what suggestions does the article have for nurses to assist them in relating to the families of the patients in their care?"

can I just discuss about nurse with family, focus on the relationship?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 2
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
I think you have the right idea. "Relating" is the key word -- it refers to the relationship between the nurse and the patients' families, yes.

So the article has suggestions for how nurses can best build up some rapport with the families of their patients. It's this meaning of "relate":

To have or establish a reciprocal relationship; interact: [i]She doesn't relate well to her peers[/i].

http://www.answers.com/relate&r=67
0 Replies

rache

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 06:45 pm
You mean "in relating to" is more close to related, relationship?

in my article, there are three points all describe how nurses do to improve the relationship with family. such as, don't give too much advice prematurely, create a context of change, don't only take sides of family.

Do you think these suggestions are proper to this question?
0 Replies