is it worth it to wait?

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:13 pm
Okay guys, I know I haven't posted in a while. I've been meaning to come back to this web site more, but my semester has been crazy.

Anyway, I have a relationship question. I just started seeing this new guy. And I set very clear boundaries with him that I don't want to have sex right away. The thing is, that's a lie. Of course I want to have sex. The thing is, I've never had a relationship that wasn't based on sex. And I want to try to see if this could be more than that. But I'm not only fighting his advances, I am fighting my own horemones too. And I think that I'm going to break before I've achieved what I want to in waiting. I mean, I know I'll have sex with him eventually, assuming the relationship lasts. So in ways, I feel like I'm prolonging the inevitable.

My question is, Is it worth it to wait? I don't know if I'm looking for love. But I'm looking for more than what I've had. Okay, I think I've already answered my own question. It is worth it to wait. New question...HOW!!!! I'm trying to avoid alone situations. But sometimes I just want to be alone with him. Ahhhhhhh! I've gotta start searching for some good toys (pardon my candor), because this one is going to be difficult!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 892 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:46 pm
I have 2 questions: How many days/months have you been
with him? How long do you want to wait?
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:41 pm
not long enough. I've only been seeing him for a week or so. I don't mean that I want to have sex with him tomorrow or anything. But the last couple guys I dated, we had sex within the first month. And I guess what I mean by waiting is longer than a month. He's pretty attractive, though. I must sound so immature. But this is a genuine struggle.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:52 pm
Ask yourself this:

In 50 years from now, is it going to make any difference if you waited 2 weeks or two months?

Nope!

If it's going to last, it won't make any difference if you have sex a bit earlier, or a bit later.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:14 pm
I agree with Chumly here, daniellejean.

One week, two weeks, what difference does it make?
You're bringing your bad experiences into a new relationship,
which is not fair to the new guy or you for that matter.

Go for it, and enjoy it! Wink
0 Replies

mikey5time

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 02:34 am
Well... I wouldn't say, hell, go for it and enjoy it!

Think it over. Be sure there isn't another reason your waiting. Give it some serious thought.

Then go for it. Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:18 am
If he genuinely likes you he will be happy to wait.Itl give you a chance to see how well you get on without sex as an issue and you can see if the relationship will last.
If you decide he is a prat just give in, have loads of sex til you get him out of your system then say goodbye.
0 Replies