can't afford chiropractors

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:13 pm
i'm 17 and just started going to the gym. i was doing alternating flat bench with dumbells today and noticed that i could get about 5 more with my left arm.. my right arm is alot weaker and always gives out first. i'm right handed too!

i just noticed that right shoulder is lower than the left. to the extent that when i stand up straight i have to raise my right shoulder a bit and it feels awkward. also my right pectorial is considerably smaller than the left as well.

i'm positive my back is "out of alignment" or what have you, but my insurance doesn't cover chiropractics and i don't know of any other way to fix my problem. i know you have to keep going back alot but i think it's worth it. i want to get the problem fixed before i start really pushing myself at the gym.

any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 623 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:09 am
Before you do something that will cause you more trouble, go to an orthopedist, or a physiatrist, and have yourself checked out, and X Rayed. If the shoulders are so misaligned that you can see it easily, you may have a problem that is beyind the knowledge of a chiropractor.

I have used chiropractors in the past. They are great for relieving acute problems (you throw your back out, etc.) but less effective in dealing with chronic problems. Many also think that they can deal with just about anything that has to do with the spine, but they do NOT have the knowledge and the training of an MD, who has a specialty in orthopedics.
0 Replies

NoniNeil

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 01:01 am
You may not have to go a lot of times. Ask a bunch of people at the gym if they know a good one and if several people mention the same name, check em out.
0 Replies