Is homosexuality a bad thing?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
I lived in London for a couple of years... you would n´t imagine in discos and the like, what I get to hear when I said I was straight...and I was polite !
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:16 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Now I do apologize but I find this completely silly Drunk
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
it is...but not that much...
failures art

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:18 pm
http://images.memegenerator.net/Inception/ImageMacro/2890967/Tell-me-again-why-gays-shouldnt-marry-Because-well-run-out-of-marrying-dust-before-its-my-turn.jpg
A
R
T
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:21 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I do not think that it will come to that as this is are current and the past way of doing things and we are evolving past this ignorance, at least I hope that we are! Oh I see you changed your post so this post is not relevant
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
I try my best to empathise with their minority situation, but sometimes they just push it to hard...I mean anything less then saying you´re bisexual is considered by many offensive ! (I am not kidding you)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:32 pm
@failures art,
Well you can come all to Portugal and do a "Home run"...Gay people can now marry here ! Yeahhhh ! (lots of "dust" to spend)
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:33 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I am sorry that you have encountered a experience such as that and I would hope that all of the gay people on this thread would agree with me! You may want to stay away from gay bars if that is why you are having that type of problem, There straight bars you know! LOL
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yeah one day I went into a disco on a gay night with a friend, the door guy said it was "dodgy"... at the time I did n´t get it, (my English was far worse) and went in crossing the dance floor up to the bar...well guess what happened in between, ti´l I get to a small corner and finally out...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Yeah one day I went into a disco on a gay night with a friend, the door guy said it was "dodgy"... at the time I did n´t get it, (my English was far worse) and went in crossing the dance floor up to the bar...well guess what happened in between, ti´l I get to a small corner and finally out...

Is that something like dodge ball but instead of a ball everyone throws their penis at you? If so I can see how that could have traumatized you and gave you a different out look on gays! You know crazy things can even happen in some straight bars
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 07:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well lets say that their hands were very active...me and my friend just fly out of the place in a hurry...of course I acknowledge not everyone acts like this...but so many went angry over the 2 years I lived there only because I assumed a fully straight attitude towards my sexual preferences...

Anyway´s I hope they have a happy life together with each other and leave me alone with mine...nothing really against them.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:06 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
It sounds like they were just having a good time and that you were at the wrong place at the wrong time! but yes that would have freaked the $hit out of me also!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 01:47 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Well you can come all to Portugal and do a "Home run"...Gay people can now marry here ! Yeahhhh ! (lots of "dust" to spend)

I love Portugal!
failures art

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:51 pm
Quote:
Mormon leader gives anti-gay sermon after suicides

Many of us are familiar with the struggle that so many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender teens face. Anti-LGBT bullying in schools is out of control and has led to a number of recent teen suicides.

Yet a top Mormon Church apostle has chosen this precise moment to broadcast a message of intolerance to millions.

Boyd K. Packer, the second-highest Mormon leader, said same-sex attraction is "impure and unnatural" and can be overcome, and that same-sex unions are morally wrong and "against God's law and nature."

Please add your name to our open letter showing the Mormon Church hierarchy that it has risked further alienating vulnerable LGBT youth with potentially devastating consequences – and after you sign the letter, please post it on Facebook and share it with your friends so people everywhere know that these views are scientifically wrong and misguided.

Dear Mr. Packer,

I'm appalled that you chose this moment to deliver a sermon saying same-sex attraction is unnatural and same-sex unions are immoral. You have risked further alienating LGBT youth and potentially contributing to suicides of even more vulnerable young people. You've told them that their very identities are "impure and unnatural" and you've incited the violence and bullying that often drives them to suicide by repeating lies disproven by both science and the experience of millions of Americans who know their LGBT neighbors and care about them.

I hope you will cease putting young people in real peril and acknowledge the scientific truth: sexual orientation cannot be changed, nor should it be.

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=945

A
R
T
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 07:42 am
@failures art,
Obviously I don´t support this kind of segregation...Gay´s are people to and have rights that should be respected. This kind of sermon has in citizens like myself the opposite effect then the one its expected by those who give them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 01:54 am
I desperately wanted to get involved in this conversation because I believe it is important. The short answer is NO, IT'S NOT WRONG, but I don't want to try to discuss my views as a 'straight female' on homosexuality this late. I'm tired and I know I'll mis-spell something and my whole msg will be useless if I don't express myself in a clear fashion. I don't expect anyone to hold their breath waiting for my pearls of wisdom, so sometime later on Fri. (it's almost 4 AM here and I still haven't been able to fall asleep) I plan to read all the posts and see if I have anything worthwhile to add. I'm going to try to sleep AGAIN.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:47 am
@failures art,
Quote:
acknowledge the scientific truth: sexual orientation cannot be changed, nor should it be.

Science now answers moral questions of "should"? Of course not, this is pure BS. Where has science concluded that desire is not changeable? I have seen a number of studies that claim just the opposite re females.

Quote:
Anti-LGBT bullying in schools is out of control and has led to a number of recent teen suicides.

While bullying might be a contributing factor to a person deciding to kill themselves only the person who kills themselves is responsible for their death.
failures art

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 07:05 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
acknowledge the scientific truth: sexual orientation cannot be changed, nor should it be.

Science now answers moral questions of "should"? Of course not, this is pure BS. Where has science concluded that desire is not changeable? I have seen a number of studies that claim just the opposite re females.

Science answers if it can. The should is a matter of how long we try to defy this in vain and in the process torture people. No cure for homosexuality has ever presented itself, and your comment RE: women is total bullshit.

hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Anti-LGBT bullying in schools is out of control and has led to a number of recent teen suicides.

While bullying might be a contributing factor to a person deciding to kill themselves only the person who kills themselves is responsible for their death.

I'm not surprised in the least that you feel this way. I'm sure your heart is full of compassion for those bullies whose names are getting dragged through the mud by the media right now.

You're a creep.

A
R
T
momoends

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 03:59 am
@Setanta,
well... they were born as religion in roman era... lots of homosexual practices all over the place... they were persecuted, murdered, torture by romas ... so may be they linked the two and..... bad romans!=Bad homosexuals!!! Smile
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 05:21 am
@hawkeye10,
"While bullying might be a contributing factor to a person deciding to kill themselves only the person who kills themselves is responsible for their death" --- have you ever been a teenager?? Have you ever been bullied. Search some videos about bullied teens and their experience, what they have gone through.... let see if you think the same about who´s responsibility it really is