Quote:
Are men better than women,
no

Quote:
Homosexuality enhances society
do you have any examples

Quote:
it does not generally detract from it
the consensus of opinion goes the other way....speaking of the teaching of our ancestors, which has been consistent.
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:47 pm
@Pemerson,
ding, ding, ding

we have a winner

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 06:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
So are you saying that from the beginning of time is not long enough to know weather homosexuality will damage society? Why are only papias fruit that are hermorphadite sweet and not the ones that you might call hetrosexual? Why do we find all other life forms that seem to have the the same type of phenomenon [hermorphadite] as humans? or am I wrong and it is only humans? Do not most all other animals have hermorphadite off springs at times also. What is the gray-erea between hermorphadite and hetrosexual? So you know of the phisical difference but can you speak empirical of the brain of a homosexual ? I know that I can not! If you can not then why speak at all against it's nature?
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
So are you saying that from the beginning of time is not long enough to know weather homosexuality will damage society
?

A small percent of the human population and I assume without having done the research a small percent of other higher animal had a misdirected sex drive.

For most of human history this did not matter greatly as far as human females are concern as they was not free to decide either their own mates or have the freedom not to bear children for the most part.

Having a small percent of the males not breeding seem not to be a great problem as the other males was more then willing to take up the slack.

All in all as a specie it was not harmful enough to be breed out of us.

Now with a non-replacing birth rate in a large part of the first world such as Europe and Japan it might indeed be becoming a problems as our females are no longer force to have children or mate with males.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
speaking of the teaching of our ancestors, which has been consistent.

yeah, but our ancestors are all dead, so they weren't so clever were they
Zetherin

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
speaking of the teaching of our ancestors, which has been consistent.

yeah, but our ancestors are all dead, so they weren't so clever were they

Wait, say that again?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:35 pm
Is heterosexuality a good thing? If so, why?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:36 pm
@Zetherin,
it seems pretty obvious to me
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:50 pm
This is the biggest problem I see with heterosexualality.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/360px-Population_curvesvg.png?t=1281750485
Zetherin

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:54 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

it seems pretty obvious to me

Your argument is that, because our ancestors are dead, they weren't clever?

Sorry, I'm not following.
craig55

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:03 pm
@moogly bear,
yes it is! faggets spread diseases. Most fudge packers and clam smackers really dont understand how disgusting they are! they are the reason why people like Adolf Hitler had to do what he did. when i see one of these monsters coming twards me i get away as quickly as possible and if that doesnt work i will use up to and including deadly force.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:04 pm
@craig55,
craig, If you're really 55, you really haven't been exposed to the real world.
craig55

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
actually im 24
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry but th population growth is not even at replaced level in most of the first world and that is beginning to cause problems.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 08:32 pm
@BillRM,
That doesn't justify the increase in the world population growth at current rates that cannot be sustained to feed all, and provide for their well being. If your worry is replacement, there's always immigration.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
First we are headed for a world wide rich culture and therefore the birthrate will also drop worldwide within a generation or two or three.

See China for an example of that happening and it slower population growth had far more to do with China increasing wealth in my opinion then it government firm control of it population births.

Second humans beings had been laughing at predictions of the maximum population we can feed and support for many centuries now.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
World population
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Population density (people per km2) map of the world in 1994.
World population from 1800 to 2100, based on UN 2004 projections (red, orange, green) and US Census Bureau historical estimates (black).The world population is the population of humans on the planet Earth. In 2009, the United Nations estimated the population to reach 7,000,000,000 in 2011;[1] current estimates by the United States Census Bureau put the population at 6,862,000,000.[2]

The world population has experienced continuous growth since the end of the Black Death around the year 1400;[3] the highest rates of growth—increases above 1.8% per year—were seen briefly during the 1950s, then for a longer period during the 1960s and 1970s. The growth rate peaked at 2.2% in 1963, and declined to 1.10% by 2009. Annual births have reduced to 140 million since their peak at 173 million in the late 1990s, and are expected to remain constant, while deaths number 57 million per year and are expected to increase to 90 million per year by 2050. Current projections show a steady decline in the population growth rate, with the population expected to reach between 8 and 10.5 billion between the year 2040[4][5] and 2050.[1]

Forecasts of scarcity
In 1798 Thomas Malthus incorrectly predicted that population growth would out-run food supply by the mid 19th century. In 1968, Paul R. Ehrlich reprised this argument in The Population Bomb, predicting famine in the 1970s and 1980s. The dire predictions of Ehrlich and other neo-Malthusians were vigorously challenged by a number of economists, notably Julian Lincoln Simon. Agricultural research already under way, such as the green revolution, led to dramatic improvements in crop yields. Food production has kept pace with population growth,

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 06:56 am
@Zetherin,
i'm going to guess your ancestors took themselves way to seriously

and look what happened to them, they died Razz
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 07:03 am
@craig55,
me thinks thou doth protest too much

sounds like someone has a secret
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:30 am
@BillRM,
BillM, Replacement level? You're blind! The human population growth is growing so fast, it's more than doubled in about 50 years.

From johnstonsarchive.net:
Quote:
Population Growth

by Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 2001

In late 1999 the world's population reached 6 billion and was growing at an estimated 1.3% per year. This growth rate is characteristic of the last 100 years or so. World population reached 1 billion around 1790, 2 billion around 1927, and 4 billion in 1974.

The world population is now over 6-billion; so in less than a 100-years, the human population more than tripled.