Worst big name movies.

happytaffy

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 10:54 am
english patient
waterworld
one night in paris...oh does that count??
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:48 pm
"Ishtar," whose recent screening at Gitmo for the prisoners was cited by Amnesty International as cruel and unusual punishment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:23 pm
That would be cruel and unusual punishment but I don't believe they are concerned about that at Gitmo.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:19 pm
"Making Love" with Harry Hamlin
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:36 pm
I agree with Material Girl that Green Card is pretty good.
Hated Ghandhi. Hated Titanic.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:43 pm
I've never had a romantic relationship with a man who is a film fan. Really unfortunate for me. The last man in my life -- something of a rebel -- was surprised to learn that I didn't like "mass release movies." Of course not!

This past weekend, I peeked at some mass release movies -- a romantic comedy (they're almost always neither) with Kate Hudson and Matthew Mc C. (however his name is spelled) called 10 Ways (Days?) to lose a Guy, and a real clunker of a horror film with Michelle Pfeiffer called something like What Lies Beneath.

The first was at least sunny, although it wobbled all over the place in tone. The second was just pathetic. Poor Michelle! I would hate to be an actress just because I might end up associated with drekk like that sometime.
0 Replies

olidude171717

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:02 pm
To whoever said i hated Braveheart, I cannot understand why. It is a excellent epic film with great acting by Mel Gibson, and it is a very emotional film, but towards the end is very uplifting due to the fact the scots won their freedom.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:07 pm
I liked Braveheart as a fast-paced piece of movie-making. However, I quickly tired of Mel Gibson's armpits filling the screen over and over as he replayed the same scene of himself swinging a sword over his head.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:16 pm
It was an period action flick to me, with a precusor to the overdone gore of "Mashin' of the Christ." It was well acted -- hell, everone in the movie upstaged Mel.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:16 pm
(Not much respect for Gibson's acting, his having made the worst of the "Hamlet" films).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:26 pm
yever hear Gibson sing? he makes Shatner sound like James Taylor.

I liked Ishtar, I thought it was pretty funny on a tv.
I thiought "Crouching Tiger..." was a lousy attempt at special effects and acting.
0 Replies

olidude171717

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 12:20 pm
Personally i Think Braveheart is great and definetly should be in the top 50 films ever made.
0 Replies