Worst big name movies.

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:41 am
Lately, Light Wizard is all into showing everyone how many movie terms and stuff he knows....C'mon LW, loosen up...if our ignorance over the genre's or lighting or potential or critical acclaim is bugging you, don't participate in this thread....you're getting really annoying. and you've freakin' obssesed with Wotheworld.

I just thought W. was asking us what big name moving that everyone flocked to see did, in our opinion, suck....

War of the Worlds sucked big time...

Flying Tiger, hidden dragon was really bad too....everyone was talking about it, damned if I know why.

The mel gibson jesus movie....had some gorey stuff, the whipping with the barbed whip, that sound effect of flesh tearing....ewwwww.....It didn't make me want to come to jesus or anything...thought the maggot coming out of the devils nose was oogy.

oh...that older movie...children of a lesser god? totally sucked....I thought that deaf actress needed to put perspective on things.

Reds. Remember that one? felt like 18 hours of being on the rack.

I like unexpected stuff to happen in a story too...it's like real life.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:43 am
Supermodels get there because of their great looks and figure as well as poise -- not many movies can claim that unless they are starring a supermodel. Nope, "big name" does not correlate to "super." Otherwise, there's only one -- "Superman."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:45 am
Quote:
Lately, Light Wizard is all into showing everyone how many movie terms and stuff he knows....C'mon LW, loosen up...if our ignorance over the genre's or lighting or potential or critical acclaim is bugging you, don't participate in this thread....you're getting really annoying. and you've freakin' obssesed with Wotheworld.

Chai- LW has been in the movie business for many years. He has a huge store of knowledge, and loves to share it with the rest of us. I really appreciate it when he gives me some insight into some aspect of filmdom of which I am unaware.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:45 am
"Flying Tiger, Hidden Dragon?" Is that a WW II war movie?

Actually did very meager box office. So nobody flocked.

"Children of a Lesser God" bombed at the box office. So nobody flocked to see that one, either.

Next.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:46 am
Not trying to insult anyone -- just playing first mate for Wilso in getting the ship on course. Seems nobody has figured out exactly what the question was.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:48 am
I like "Reds" but for those infernal interviews which breaks the narrative of the film. It bombed at the box office big time even though it garnered a directing Oscar for Warren.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:50 am
Another big box office film was

"Meet the Fockers"

About as funny as watching a Christian walk into "Brokeback Mountain" carrying a dildo. Oh, wait -- that could be funny.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:52 am
Lightwizard, you would make a great supreme court judge. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:53 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Chai- LW has been in the movie business for many years. He has a huge store of knowledge, and loves to share it with the rest of us. I really appreciate it when he gives me some insight into some aspect of filmdom of which I am unaware.

Yes, I appreciate his knowledge too....and discussed my appreciation of him at some length yesterday in another post....his experience has been very educaitonal to me....

However, I do get the impression that LW would like to dictate how we judge movies, and whether or not a particular movie has been discussed enough.

If I, as part of the great unwashed masses, think a movie that was supposed to be so fabulous barely kept my interest....I don't feel I need to take 8 years of college film courses to express my opinion in fancy terms.

I don't believe it's anyones place to interpret what W. meant by his question....

If LW wants to start a thread, stipulating that only those who want and are able to discuss a movie with a high level of sophistication would be comfortable there....he's more than welcome.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:53 am
Wilso was doing fine with his first two films and then "Green Card" which was not a "big film" -- generally bad reviews and terrible box office. Ya see where it isn't making sense?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:54 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I appreciate his knowledge too....and discussed my appreciation of him at some length yesterday in another post....his experience has been very educaitonal to me....

However, I do get the impression that LW would like to dictate how we judge movies, and whether or not a particular movie has been discussed enough.

If I, as part of the great unwashed masses, think a movie that was supposed to be so fabulous barely kept my interest....I don't feel I need to take 8 years of college film courses to express my opinion in fancy terms.

I don't believe it's anyones place to interpret what W. meant by his question....

If LW wants to start a thread, stipulating that only those who want and are able to discuss a movie with a high level of sophistication would be comfortable there....he's more than welcome.

Already have:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70312
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:55 am
It is my place to personally let Wilso know I'm not sure what he meant by the question, Supreme Court judge or not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:57 am
I've also noticed a lot of negativity in the film threads -- I hate this, this is crap. Why bother? Looks like we've got a lot of unhappy movie goers which George Will may be planning to attack.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 11:58 am
well thar ya go....

why aren't you hanging out over there?

just want to let us idiots know how smart you are and how dumb we are?

I'll tell ya the truth...I'd be afraid to tell you the name of a movie I DID like....you'd just tear it up and down.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:01 pm
Worst big name movies.
Lightwizard wrote:
Not sure what Wilso is asking but the biggest box office of recent years was Mel Gibson's

"Hannibal Wacks Christ."

Lightwizard wrote:
Another big box office film was

"Meet the Fockers"

About as funny as watching a Christian walk into "Brokeback Mountain" carrying a dildo. Oh, wait -- that could be funny.

Yes, I must say LW does lend an air of sophisticated knowledge.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:01 pm
Not known on the boards for attacking members who say they like a particular movie. But there are others who have done that. Try to find where I have done it and we can talk. It is possible that having expressed a hatred for one film that you might put down a guilty pleasure that I will gently make fun of you which is the purpose of my new thread.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:05 pm
Worst big name movies.
Be my guest. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Cool
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:10 pm
I'm known for breaking out of the shell of "sophisticated knowledge" and having some fun -- but the cat sometimes tires of playing with the mouse.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:12 pm
I don't wanna go to that thread...I like it here.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 12:13 pm
By all means. Go for it.
0 Replies