Who's booty you kissing?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
Sure...none of you are "afraid" of the god.

Oh, my sides.

They hurt so much when I roll on the floor laughing.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:14 am
Aaaaah Frank... what are we to do with you? Honestly speaking... it seems to me you are quite possibly projecting your own fear onto others....

Just a thought...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:18 am
And thus is the problem I have dealing with Frank, to whom I am not directly addressing.

It doesn't matter what anyone tells him about how they think, feel, believe, guess, whathaveyou, Frank already knows and that's all there is to it. He knows we are all lying to him. No one's views or opinions or feelings of are any import because Frank has all the answers of how we "theists" feel. Now, no, he hasn't stated that in so many words. But, he has stated it (implying) by posts such as the one above.

I don't mind debating with someone about something and I will be flexible and if I get a valid point shown out to me, I'll look at it and adjust my thinking.

I don't think Frank ever really left. :wink:
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:26 am
Momma Angel wrote:
I don't mind debating with someone about something and I will be flexible and if I get a valid point shown out to me, I'll look at it and adjust my thinking.

Untrue. You just agree to disagree whenever confronted with a valid point that you simply refuse to accept.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
Sorry Questioner, but that is totally untrue. Ask Mesquite. He can probably post for you where I came around to his way of thinking on the pledge of allegiance for one thing.

I did come off my views on same sex marriage somewhat.

That's only two instances where I have changed my original view. I agree to disagree when I don't see any of the debaters involved changing their opinions at all.

Thanx for your support. It's nice to know that you pay attention to what I actually do say, well, the parts you want to see anyway. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:37 am
In any case I'm glad he came back. He has this way of spicing things up. Making it interesting. I think he has a lot of good points, even though I don't agree with them. LOL I don't think debating should be taken personally. I think it is a tool to throw out in the open what you believe or are thinking. If people agree, great! If not... oh well... life goes on. It can be what ever you make of it. So Frank, welcome back. Momma, glad you're still here. Everyone else... I'm glad you are here as well. We as a whole are what makes A2K what it is, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:39 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Thanx for your support. It's nice to know that you pay attention to what I actually do say, well, the parts you want to see anyway. Rolling Eyes [/color]

Oh pshaw. As if you really ever see past your beliefs to any sort of valid point. Confused
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:43 am
I don't know what's happened to you, but this is not the Questioner I originally met on A2K. You were never cruel in any way and you were never so judgmental.

I gave you two instances where I recognized valid points and adjusted my thinking. They aren't good enough for you? Sorry. You said my statement about debating was untrue. Obviously, it wasn't.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:21 pm
Ya know, I just reread that comment to Frank. That sounds pretty rude and judgemental. Oops. Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean that the way it sounded. (Well sounded to me anyway) It just seems that to go around telling people how afraid they are of this monstrous God when they are telling you they don't see Him as a monster, nor are they afraid of Him, that there's something else going on there. It wasn't right of me to make such a judgement though. I apologize. That was really rude.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:32 pm
hephzibah wrote:
Ya know, I just reread that comment to Frank. That sounds pretty rude and judgemental. Oops. Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean that the way it sounded. (Well sounded to me anyway) It just seems that to go around telling people how afraid they are of this monstrous God when they are telling you they don't see Him as a monster, nor are they afraid of Him, that there's something else going on there. It wasn't right of me to make such a judgement though. I apologize. That was really rude.
No need to apologize for Frank. If we can't stand the heat, we can move outta Tucson.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:32 pm
Quote:
It doesn't matter what anyone tells him about how they think, feel, believe, guess, whathaveyou, Frank already knows and that's all there is to it. He knows we are all lying to him. No one's views or opinions or feelings of are any import because Frank has all the answers of how we "theists" feel. Now, no, he hasn't stated that in so many words. But, he has stated it (implying) by posts such as the one above.

This is a crock of ****. As long as I have known Frank he has never implied in any way He Knows Anything.
His entire premise re religiion is that he doesn't know anything and neither does anyone else. Frank may make some of you religionists a bit discomforted with his challanges but that usually just means you are blowing smoke out of your asses and hoping noone will notice.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:35 pm
No dys-respect, but:

Frank seems to know that we are terrified of God.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:43 pm
neo, you consistently prove Frank's point. Possibly moreso than the likes of MA, Intrepid and Real life.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:52 pm
I never realized just how wide was the gulf between my IQ and that of Frank. I had thought he was just using some sort of academic license.

Now I know.

And I am truly humbled.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 01:09 pm
dys,

What I mean by implied is this type of thing:

[quote]Sure...none of you are "afraid" of the god.

Oh, my sides.

They hurt so much when I roll on the floor laughing.[/quote]

We tell Frank we are not afraid and we explain to him what it is we feel for God. Then Frank posts this which essentially says, we are lying and he's laughing about it. Now, if you can't see that, then you can't see that.

His continual use of derogatory terms and implying people are stupid, moronic, etc., is totally unnecessary. Some say, that's Frank. That's the way he is. Fine. I just don't happen to like that particular part of Frank's debating.

He's an intelligent man that probably can quote more of the Bible than I can. I've had to look up more words than I can count when reading his posts at times. I've learned a lot from him. Maybe I'm ticked because when he starts the attack words the learning stops.

I've grown tired of the words that seem to be there to ridicule or put down. I find myself coming closer and closer to doing it at times and I don't like that at all. I don't think it's right to do that to anyone and I am struggling with not doing it myself. His posts are so much more enjoyable when he sticks to the subject at hand and does not attack like he does. It's just my opinion. It doesn't mean that's how everyone sees it. It's just how I see it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 01:25 pm
neo I have no idea re your or franks IQ, nor do I care. What I do see is that you (neo) attempt to put forth what appears to be a reasoned argument to counter Franks reasoned argument. This is obviously a foolish endeavor as there can be no reasoned argument for a metaphysical explanation. Persons such as MA or Intrepid etal stick to such arguments as "I just believe" or "I have faith" or some such other argument which, really, is the only sustainble defense of religious belief.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 01:31 pm
dys,

And you are doing the same thing. You are deciding that "Persons such as....." are less than you are because we don't speak the same way you do, or use the same debating style, etc., as you do, etc."

That may not be what you are trying to say, dys, but that is what it says to me and obviously to others. That is all I am trying to get you or Frank to understand. I don't tell you that you are wrong or idiotic, stupid, etc., because of what you believe or don't believe. I do not understand why anyone feels they need to do this? I wish someone could tell me exactly why some feel the necessity to do this and some do not?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:57 pm
hephzibah wrote:

I have no problem with people speaking their minds, Heph...and, as I'm sure you noticed...I speak mine quite plainly.

Every indication I see leads me to the conclusion that theists...especially Christians...are in complete dread of their god.

Also...the god is so brutal, murderous, barbaric and menacing...it seems much more logical to conclude people who "believe in it" are afraid of it...than that they "love" it as much as they protest.

What can I tell ya?

That's what I see...and if it quacks, floats on water, and waddles...normally it is a duck.

I happen to think that the fear is so pervasive...that it cannot be perceived by the people feeling it...so I understand the denials.

(This next part is not necessarily for you, Heph. You have been very gracious in your posts. This part is addressed to all the Christians participating here...especially the ones insisting they are not afraid of their god.)

Let's put this to a test with anyone willing to take the test.

Pick out one thing in the Bible where the god is acting like a jerk...and here, in this thread, call the god on it. Tell the god it acted like a jerk in this particular instance...or a murder...or a barbarian.

Pick out anything....and do it.

There are tons of items of that nature in the first five books.

Why don't you people just put me in my place...and show us how unafraid of your god that you are?

C'mon.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 04:07 pm
Frank yes I said I wasn't going to talk to you again but I can't help it......................

Is that what you are looking for? You are looking for someone to put you in your place so if they do and God does not ZAP them dead or something it proves you are right?

Frank, PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank yes I said I wasn't going to talk to you again but I can't help it......................

Is that what you are looking for? You are looking for someone to put you in your place so if they do and God does not ZAP them dead or something it proves you are right?

Frank, PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

Good to be back talking with ya, MA. I love ya.

In answer to your question...

...I can damn near guarantee your god will not sap you dead...or anything else.

I just want to see that you are not afraid of the god.

Tell the god off...on any particular event or deed from the Bible.

Just give the god a good piece of your mind about something...so that we can all see just how unafraid you are of the god.

Here's one: The god killed a bunch of innocent Egyptians...including many, many innocent baby first-borns. There was no need to kill all those babies...or any of the others...because the god was able to create galaxies...so lifting the Hebrews out of their captivity could have been done with no killing at all.

Tell your god that the deed was unnecessary...willful...and barbaric.

Tell your god that.

Show us that you are not afraid of the god, MA.
0 Replies