Take my husband, please. The sequel.

George

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 10:28 am
jespah wrote:
Doesn't that involve garlic, ginger and, er, something else (possibly the wash water from socks)? Our QA gal is part Japanese (and part Jewish, which probably makes for an extremely interesting Thanksgiving table), this is her recipe for tea for getting well:

1. Slice 2~3 cloves of garlic and fry 'em good in a little bit (not too much) of extra virgin olive oil until tender. DO NOT BURN THEM.
2. Grate 1" of ginger, or use one good squeeze from a tube of fresh grated ginger. DO NOT USE POWDERED GINGER.
3. Boil water and brew your favorite tea in a tea pot-- green or black. Go with plain flavor.
4. Prepare 2 lemon wedges.
5. Place the fried garlic and grated ginger in a big mug, pour the tea, and squeeze a lemon wedge over it. Put a tsp of sugar if needed.
6. Stir the concoction a little and let it sit for half a minute.
7. Eat the garlic first, then drink the "tea". You may split the toppings and have two servings, but you have to finish the garlic and ginger.
8. A good dash of cayenne pepper is sometimes handy to kill your taste buds and numb your throat.

Not even close. This involves packets of odd-looking stuff with (to me)
unpronounceable names purchased at a shop in Chinatown. The brewed
result looks and smells like a bad day in the Okeefenokee.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 12:42 pm
Maybe that's what the packets all say: Okeefenokee, May 16th, 1936; Okeefenokee, February 21, 1945, etc.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 12:46 pm
I've got nice Okeefenokee '78 here --
putrid bouquet, decomposing body,
and a nice slimy finish.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
I think that's what Pogo serves at his dinner parties.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 01:02 pm
http://www.pogo-fan-club.org/images/499_wonder%20what%20they're%20doing.JPG
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:32 am
Good grief George did you go drown Boomer and her husband?????
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:49 am
You guys are a hoot. Being single isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it does have it's perks ;-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:39 am
Put me in on the trade. I'll swap Bear for Merry Andrew since I'm used to "singing." Can he do "New York, New York?"

(With me gone for the last six weeks, he now keeps house, gets up with the kids, fixes delicious vegetarian dishes, AND irons!)
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:45 am
Do you think Bear would like Hawaii? I could teach him Tahitian dancing. Great for the waistline.

You keep the kids and the dog.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:47 am
seaglass wrote:
Do you think Bear would like Hawaii? I could teach him Tahitian dancing. Great for the waistline.

You keep the kids and the dog.

<sings.... Well my bags are packed, I'm ready to go......>
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:54 am
oh squinney I forget to tell you Merry Andrew not only sings in his sleep, but he sings in Latvian.

He cooks and does the laundry, but he's not too hot in the dusting and sweeping. But he does hang his clothes up.

I can teach him New York, New York. He's a quick study. I hope you don't mind a thick accent.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 06:13 am
Oooh, an accent... That's romantic!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:08 am
[Russian accent]
50 watts of power, babycakes.
[/Russian accent]

(From an electronics store commercial about 15 years ago. The crazy things one's brain retains....)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 06:12 pm
(back of hand to foerhead, swaying and sighing)
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 06:20 pm
seaglass wrote:
oh squinney I forget to tell you Merry Andrew not only sings in his sleep, but he sings in Latvian.

Dusi saldi, guli jauki, rita prietcigs utcelies... Or something like that. :wink:

I nearly married a Latvian woman some years ago.
I still remember the important phrases.
Es tevi milu = I love you,
Es gribu alu = I want a beer.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
We are here we are here we are here we are HERE.

As the whos said to Horton.

Sorry. My plate runneth over and it won't quite fit in the diswasher either.

It also has a bunch of crusty crap that I can't get off and I'm scraping and scraping and....

You get the picture.

That garlic and cayenne tea sounds pretty good to me! Maybe I'll serve it as soup.

I still want Ms. George's recipe for when I just want to get rid of all the sick people around me.

I spent an amazing hour and a half with a beautiful Latvian man at the Flamingo hotel in Las Vegas.

Okay... so it was a slow moving check in line at the registration desk....

It was still a memorable 90 minutes.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:10 pm
Never, ever, go toe to toe with a Latvian in a drinking contest. I have never met a less than fascinating, or less than very attractive Latvian.
Your mileage may vary.
0 Replies