Hate Hitler? Dont. He's why you're alive

Bobbles

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 06:31 pm
Hate to say it, but it's weird when you think that if it weren't for Adolf Hitler, one of the most evil persons, most people posting on these pages wouldn't even exist. Why? Everyone's heard of the baby boom? If it weren't for WWII there'd have been no post-1945 baby boom, thus if your father (or grandfather) served in WWII, and especially if he had alot of kids, its likely you wouldn't be alive. My grandfather served with Canada from 1939-45, and my first aunt was born in 1947; my own mother was born in 1962 so I highly doubt she'd have been conceived at all if it weren't for the boom. Even if you just say "well, my grandparents still woulda had kids if there was no war".. that's true, but probably not at the same time, my mother may have been born more near 1950 or so, giving no chance of her meeting my father considering his 1958 birth. Then again, my great-grandfather was inches away from dying (before he conceived my grandmother), so I guess everything counts! Just thought I'd make yas think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 12
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
Bobbles

Welcome to a2k

With "logic" like that Hitler would have been proud of you !

According to this we should all be "thankful" for the meteorite which allegedly wiped out the dinosaurs !

BTW Read up Freud on "death wish".
0 Replies

Bobbles

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 06:56 pm
Well I was referring to the immediate past, and if you wanna go back that far than I guess it's God fault we're here. (Or insert atheist comment here).
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 07:11 pm
bobbles,

My own kids have a certain Mary Buglass to "thank". She was throwing up the day of a music concert and gave her ticket to my future wife whom I met there.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 07:25 pm
Everything is synchronicity.

Joe

BTW: If Hitler hadn't been born more than half of my wife's parent's family would still be alive. Who knows what those wacky people would be doing now... maybe living in Canada, maybe just living.
0 Replies

Bobbles

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 09:19 pm
fresco wrote:
bobbles,

My own kids have a certain Mary Buglass to "thank". She was throwing up the day of a music concert and gave her ticket to my future wife whom I met there.

Very interesting. I never thought vomiting could be so beneficiary! Especially considering that when I witness it, it usually unhygienically involves the ethanol-soaked bimbo-brains that are my friends. Lol.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 02:33 am
If Hitler hadn't been born, more than 3/4 of my father's family would still be alive, a couple from mother's site as well, and I would be more than three years older by now.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 06:37 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
If Hitler hadn't been born, more than 3/4 of my father's family would still be alive, a couple from mother's site as well, and I would be more than three years older by now.

Walter- If your parents had a child three years before you were born, it would not BE you! Laughing

Bobbles- I would suggest that you take a course in logic.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 09:25 am
Same here, Joe and Walter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
This idiotic thread assumes that people would not have met and reproduced without the war. Dumb, dumb, dumb . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
Set
Setanta wrote:
This idiotic thread assumes that people would not have met and reproduced without the war. Dumb, dumb, dumb . . .

Rampant dumbness is taking over the world.

BBB Drunk
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:18 pm
I wish I could be thankful for the affluence and comfort that allows us to indulge in intellectual frivolity like this, just for the sake of "making us think"... but I can't. It makes me retch.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 06:30 pm
There is nothing I like more than flawed logic. But, I hate to tell you guys this, I'd still be around. Neither of my granfathers were involved in WW II and both of my parents were born before WW II.

Dang nab it. I foiled the logic again
0 Replies