glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, of little help?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 10:22 am
My internist in my old home town was a rheumatologist. He said that studies had shown chondritin,glucosamine, msm work for 9% of osteoarthritis patients, and it was certain worth a try. (I think he was talking of only osteo patients as opposed to rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis patients.)

I have the pills but don't so far take them routinely enough to test them as effective for either improvement or prevention.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 11:55 am
I started taking G&C on my doctor's recommendation. I didn't get the immediate relief some of you have, but after a month or so my knees hardly hurt at all (altho my right knee still won't support me, so I hop up the bus steps one at a time). It hasn't done anything for the arthritis in my thumbs, though, so I'm trying tart cherries for that. Besides, I like 'em.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 02:02 pm
I didn't get immediate relief either, Wy, and not sure that's what you should expect. I suppose I should have mentioned that.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 06:44 pm
Wy, in addition to G&C, it eat candied ginger and lots of tumeric in my almost daily consumption of brown rice. I also take Omega3 capsules and daily doses of olive oil. With all these anti-inflammatory supplements and foods, I do not know which (if not all) have helped to reduce my osteoarthitis and torn shoulder tendon (rotator cuff) pain. All I know is that I feel fine. Why not take all of them? Anti-inflammatory foods are also good to prevent inflammation in blood vessels--for your heart.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:27 pm
JL
My diet is probably not much different than yours.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 11:04 pm
That's why your so smart.
0 Replies