Pissing me off

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:10 pm
My wife and I have been married almost 2 years.

And every flippen time she gets angry at me for something I do wrong such as make my protien shakes in my babies sippi

She says she cant do it anymore and she always questions our relationship.

The thing is I know its hard because we live with her parents and they always get down on her for stuff I do. so she gets crap and relays that back to me and gives me crap.

Its hard and everything she questions our relationship it kills me..

What can I do about this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 819 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
First, I'd move! I can't imagine it's easy living with her parents and if you can't move then you have to find a way to deal with it.

She gets angry because you make a protein shake in a sippi cup? Shocked Oh my. Uh, wow. Shocked

Actually, she sounds a bit like my husband. He explodes over the smallest thing. And the biggest thing. And the explosion is always the same. I kind of just shake my head and walk away anymore.

Was she always like this? What about when you were dating?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:18 pm
Yep, living with either set of parents makes it rough all around. What other kinds of things are you getting flack for from either your wife or her parents?

Not using the sippie cups to make your protein shakes seems simple enough - use something else. Can you give some other examples?
0 Replies

faithbeme

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:42 pm
My wife and I kind of got married fast because we had our little girl. we dated for like 5-6 months before we married.

She usually gets like this at the time of her period.

But I need advise on how to tell her its not right that she keeps saying these things for the stupiedist stuff.

Asbsolutly right when you said she blows for the littlest reasons. I have told her she needs to stop this but she keeps blowing up right around this time always.

She is depressed and angry alot.

I think its because of our past history. There were some things I was doing such as on the internet that she never knew about and I finally confessed to her and it tore her apart.

She has been alot better, but it just seems everytime I make a mistake she gets on me and threatens the marrage.. :*(
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:45 pm
Well, maybe she just still has some raw and unresolved feelings? I'm not excusing her anger but maybe it will help you to understand it? Is it possible she is thinking you are going to do this again and she is expecting it and it's causing her stress?

Have you thought about a marriage counselor?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:47 pm
if you are ever in a minute where you two can talk in peace.. essentially with out parents around..

can you ask her why that is her only resort?
Maybe she isnt really questioning the relationship, she just feels unheard.. so she uses the most potent arguement she can.. basically hitting below the belt to get attention.
0 Replies

faithbeme

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:52 pm
I think your flippen right SHEWOLF

I will text her now and ask
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:58 pm
er, I'm not sure Shewolf meant talking in peace via email.
0 Replies

faithbeme

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:08 pm
lol
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:21 pm
Well, at least he wouldn't hear her get mad if she did! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:30 pm
Laughing
bad MA......
BAD!!
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:33 pm
and no.
I didnt mean a text message.

I mean face to face.

Maybe she really doesnt think you are listening to what comes out of her mouth.
Or, as you said, she feels so attacked from all sides that she cant get her point across with out hurting everyone the way she feels hurt.

Stop her sometime, ask her why she uses that, and see what she says.
You can always find a new way to fight.. or argue.. what ever you want to call it.
Just make some ground rules.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:53 pm
Pissing me off
Not to be rude, but how old are you two?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:56 pm
PBM's wife gets ragged on by her parents for things he does wrong.

Maybe PBM could smarten up, and cause less trouble for his wife?

~~~~~~~

PBM uses the baby's sippy cup to make his protein shake.

Maybe PBM could be more considerate?

~~~~~~~~

How old is PBM? old enough to be a parent, so old enough to be a responsible, caring, considerate adult who by his actions will eventually earn some respect
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
Couldn't help myself Shewolfnm. Embarrassed
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
ehBeth wrote:
PBM's wife gets ragged on by her parents for things he does wrong.

Maybe PBM could smarten up, and cause less trouble for his wife?

~~~~~~~

PBM uses the baby's sippy cup to make his protein shake.

Maybe PBM could be more considerate?

~~~~~~~~

How old is PBM? old enough to be a parent, so old enough to be a responsible, caring, considerate adult who by his actions will eventually earn some respect

Sort of what I was thinking, ehbeth, and exactly why I asked for more examples. When my children were small we had a few sippie cups which I washed constantly so they would be ready for the babies. I would have probably blown a cork if my husband used one for a protein shake assuming there were other glasses/cups available and, if not, he was physically able to wash one for himself.

Would I be more likely to blow if I was PMSing? Probably!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:58 pm
espically if it was something I had requested several times...
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:40 pm
Pissing me off
Old enough to be a parent doesn't necessarily mean old enough to act responsibly.

I'm not being judgemental here, but producing a child requires only physiological maturity. A very young couple has additional problems aside from the normal ones incident to raising a child, and this, if it is the case, could make the situation even more difficult for everyone concerned, especially if the couple has to live with her parents; they may not approve of the marriage, since it took place after their daughter became pregnant.
0 Replies