lottery winners announced

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:47 am
Seven working class Indiana men and one woman just won the 365 million power ball lottery. One person bought the ticket for the group of eight employees of a ham and corned beef processing company. They had a lawyer draw up an agreement for the group and then came forward to claim their winnings.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 561 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:51 am
Smart people. Better have it all in writing right from the getgo, than fighting about it later!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:57 am
Good for them.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:01 am
Re: lottery winners announced
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Seven working class Indiana men and one woman just won the 365 million power ball lottery. One person bought the ticket for the group of eight employees of a ham and corned beef processing company. They had a lawyer draw up an agreement for the group and then came forward to claim their winnings.
BBB

I goofed. The group is from Lincoln Nebraska.

BBB Embarrassed
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:40 am
Nebraska Co-Workers Share $365M Jackpot 44 minutes ago
LINCOLN, Neb.
2/22/06

Eight workers at a Nebraska meat processing plant claimed the record $365 million Powerball jackpot on Wednesday, giving each about $15.5 million after taxes.

The seven men and one woman, introduced by Gov. Dave Heineman, all work at a ConAgra ham processing plant near the U Stop convenience store where they bought the winning ticket for Saturday's lottery.

It was the biggest jackpot for any U.S. lottery.

"I didn't know what to think," said Robert Stewart, 30, who said he was a maintenance supervisor before the win. "I still don't know what to think."

The previous U.S. lottery jackpot record was $363 million for the Big Game, the forerunner of Mega Millions. Powerball's previous record jackpot, $340 million, was won by an Oregon family in October.

In addition to Stewart, the winners were identified as Quang Dao, 56; David Gehle, 53; Alain Maboussou, 26; Chasity Rutjens, 29; Michael Terpstra, 47; Dung Tran, 34; and Eric Zornes, 40.

The winning numbers were 15, 17, 43, 44 and 48, with a Powerball number of 29, according to the Multi-State Lottery Association of Des Moines, Iowa, which runs the game for the participating states.

Powerball tickets are sold in 28 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
0 Replies

Bodo

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
That's quite a change in lifestyle from a meat packing plant to multimillionaire. Congrats to them. It seems with the increase in multistate lottereis that there is a huge jackpot at least once every other month. I'm going to keep on buying my tickets.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:58 am
BBB
Wouldn't it be great if there were more winners of smaller amounts of money? Such huge winnings often destroy people's lives. But smaller winnings, say of one million to thousands of winners, would help more people, but not be so much that it would be destructive as often happens.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:59 am
BBB
Wouldn't it be great if there were more winners of smaller amounts of money? Such huge winnings often destroy people's lives. But smaller winnings, say of one million each to thousands of winners, would help more people, but not be so much that it would be destructive as often happens. That's enough to buy a house, payoff bills, and still stash away some for savings and gift giving to others.

That makes more sense to me.

BBB
0 Replies