Former PNAC neocon says movement is dead

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:00 pm
Moment of Truth
Neocons jump ship http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=8606
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:04 pm
Amazing! Blueflame has developed an appreciation for the wisdom of Dr. Fukuyama AND Bill Buckley.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:15 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Amazing! Blueflame has developed an appreciation for the wisdom of Dr. Fukuyama AND Bill Buckley.

We are always happy when a rightwinger realizes they have been full of shiit and admit it!! It doesn't change all the irreparable damage they have done, but at least they admit they are fukkups!!

Anon
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 07:42 am
Finn, nope. It's Buckley and Fukuyama who are finally agreeing that I was right all along as were all the anti-war people. We told you so.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 12:13 pm
A conversation with Machiavelli's ghost: Controversial neoconservative Ledeen talks to Raw Story http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Conversation_with_Controversial_Neoconservative_0228.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:01 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Finn, nope. It's Buckley and Fukuyama who are finally agreeing that I was right all along as were all the anti-war people. We told you so.

So it's all about you.

I see.

You and the rest of your ineffectual crew told me so then. It has no greater import because Fukuyama and Buckley now see it differently.

You were wrong then, and they are wrong now.

Or do you think that every turned Liberal speaks the undeniable truth?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:07 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

So it's all about you.

I see.

You and the rest of your ineffectual crew told me so then. It has no greater import because Fukuyama and Buckley now see it differently.

What would you consider failure in Iraq?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 11:23 pm
snood wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

So it's all about you.

I see.

What would you consider failure in Iraq?

Fair question.

Failure in Iraq is an Iraq that is no more a model of democratic government that it was prior to our invasion.

If the decision point was one day after the invasion, we failed.

If the decision point was 90 days after the invasion, we failed.

If the decision was made today, we succeeded.

Unfortunately the present history of Iraq still needs to play out.

We can't say we have failed, nor can we say we have succeeded.

Americans have come to expect momentous achievements in a ridiculously short period of time.

The question of Iraq remains unanswered, which is to be expected after such a relatively short period of time of transition.

It is foolish to suggest that everything is honky-dory in Iraq and that we have achieved our goals.

It is equally foolish to declare that the game has been lost and that the effort is, officially, a failure.

Interestingly enough, there is, virtually, no one arguing the former, and a horde of hand wringers arguing the latter.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 03:07 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

So it's all about you.

I see.

no.

but it's not logical to keep doing something the same way over and over and expect a different result.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

So it's all about you.

I see.

no.

but it's not logical to keep doing something the same way over and over and expect a different result.

I'm afraid I don't get your point.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
Remember: this is the jackass who wrote "The End Of History," the most hilarious attempt to predict the post Cold War paradigm I've ever heard of. I wouldn't pay attention to his predictions.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:23 pm
Gee! When is the funeral? That's one I want to attend!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
IronLionZion wrote:
Remember: this is the jackass who wrote "The End Of History," the most hilarious attempt to predict the post Cold War paradigm I've ever heard of. I wouldn't pay attention to his predictions.

It might easily seem to be revisionist, but I have to agree that when I heard the title "End of History," I though this must, at best, be a strained academic treatise.

Full Disclosure: I never read the book.

Full Disclosure: I have very little regard for Academics.

So now, Fukuyama has nothing but disdain for neo-conservatism. Frankly, I didn't find my thinking aligned with what amounts to neo-con thinking because of Dr. Fukuyama, and therefore now that he has recanted, it has little impact on me. It is amusing however, that those who wished Fukuyama to die a horrible death for his endorsement of neo-con concepts are now ready and willing to anoint him as a Saint of the anti-neocon movement.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 09:50 am
Paul Wolfowitz's Heart of Darkness
"He had taken a high seat amongst the devils of the land." - Joseph Conrad http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=11462
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:35 pm
From Fukuyama's lips to God's ears?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
Princess - Welcome back.

Love your avatar.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:55 am
Those on the left are hoping that what they call the "debacle" in Iraq and domestic difficulties will lead to a renewal of 'ALL OUT LIBERALISM" in the USA.

They are deluded.

The election in November will hinge on the situation in Iraq and the price of gasoline. I predict that the Republicans will retain their majority in both the House and Senate. Those who are political amateurs do not realize that there are many many SAFE Democrat and Republican seats and that even under extreme conditions it is difficult to remove an incumbent- especially a Senatorial incumbent.

It is certain, of course, that president Bush will not be re-elected!!

But, the mood of the country and its stance against LEFTIST LIBERALISM can be and will be found in the results of the referendums going in many states in November which are voting on the addition of The Defense of Marriage Act to their State Constitutions. This will show that even if America moves slightly to the center, it will never go to to the far left.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:58 am
In the
Heart of Darkness, it is not widely known that when Kurtz talks about the "horror", it is only after he has read Oscar Wilde's diatribe concerning Lord Douglas
0 Replies