successes under the George W Bush admistration

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 02:47 pm
off the top of my head, the economy seems stabilized following the dot.com bubble in the late Cinton era. Inflation seems under control, GDP seems consistent (with wavering) growth. last month saw the best new housing starts in last 30 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 41
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 03:56 pm
Bushie managed to get the bin Ladens out of America unscathed after the new Pearl Harbor.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:01 pm
Im going to search "Successes of George Bush" and"good things about George Bush" and come post them here as an olive branch to my Republican Brethren. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
now blueflame, this thread is for success not bashing. Please?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:08 pm
(Dys I thought this was serious but then saw it was a joke, Sorry, No more joke from me)

On September 11, George W didn't get afraid!!!

He found and put in jail thousands of arabs living in America, to protect us from getting atacked again.

He went to war with Iraq and has killed millions of the terrorists that caused September 11 that were living in Iraq and being payed by Sadam Husein.

George Bush also went to Iraq and made sure that there were no WMD's (Wepons of Multiple Destruction). Now that we know there are no WMD's in Iraq we can all feel safe.

George W Bush has voted in congress to lower the taxes we pay to the government. It's unfair that we have to pay TWENTY percent of what we make to people working for the government. That money shouldn't go to those people, it should be used for us to have a better economy.

The second commandment of the constitution says "We have a right to bear arms." (that means we can have any weapon we want so we can protect ourselfs) and president Bush supports that.

George W. Bush is pro-life (which means he doesn't like abortions) and will vote in congress to stop them from ever happening. God says to make all human life precious and the killing of any life (like in abortion) is against God's law.

George W uphoalds the death penilty and will execute men who break laws.

George W Bush has proposed an amendemnt in congress to not allow gays to marry. Gays don't deserve the right to marry because the bible says marriage is between a man and a woman ONLY!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
dyslexia, sorry. I dont consider my post bashing. As for economics I dont think most Americans feel better off than they were 5 years ago. Bush also has succeeded in increasing the National Debt by over 3 trillion bucks.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:35 pm
Thank you, Amigo!!!

Them was gud-uns.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:35 pm
I do indeed hope that the above posts indicated why I can never be a republican nor a democrat. I shall remain a liberal. a progressive and continue to seek knowledge over bias. Noone is always right just as noone is always wrong. I am very disappointed that this thread could not serve as a bridge towards communication.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:45 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:45 pm
Dys-- Did yu really vote for Kucinich?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 04:47 pm
absolutely. I only disagreed with 51% of his platform.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
Dys, I say To hell with labels. All there is is fair and unfair and good and bad.

I think the people at the very,very top like to see people fighting each other over bullsh!t. Maybe their making money off both sides.

When I first started talking bad about Bush in 2000 some idiot said "your a f**king liberal" and I said "Hell yea I am" and then I thought to myself "what the hell is a liberal" to me It must have meant regular guy that works, get's paid, drinks beer and thinks Bush is a crazy, spoiled, lying, war mongering oil junky. So when finnally looked it up to my suprise it didn't say; Liberal- Regular guy who works, gets paid, drinks beer sometimes, and doesn't like Bush.

labels are bullsh!t. It's like being in a chicken fight only we are both the chickens on different sides. If the chickens found out they weren't really enemies and stopped fighting the people that ran the chicken fight would go broke.

FREE THE CHICKENS!!!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:58 am
Interesting post Dys. One thing that has always bothered me about many of the posters here is an inability to see the good in a president/congressman due to idealogical blindness. I certainly believe that every president we have ever had has his accomplishments and his screw-ups. There are both good and bad things about every administration. I think we all get too caught up in how easy it is to criticise that we become blind to the good. All we can really hope for in a leader is one who has the best interests of the US at heart, and like em or hate em, I think we have been fortunate to have always had that in most of those who have served.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Re: successes under the George W Bush admistration
dyslexia wrote:
off the top of my head, the economy seems stabilized following the dot.com bubble in the late Cinton era. Inflation seems under control, GDP seems consistent (with wavering) growth. last month saw the best new housing starts in last 30 years.

Bush economic policy had nothing to do with any of those "accomplishments."

In fact, I would challenge anyone to define the Bush economic policy. The way I see it is that our economic growth has been fueled by deficit spending. The quails are going to come home to roost.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:49 am
Yeah, I'm pretty much an idiot. You need to just scroll past my posts.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 05:02 pm
So I assume peeps are lined up to explain just how stupid I am for posting that Geroge W Bush might have accomplished some postives. Who's next?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:38 pm
I love you.

I will follow you and amass a large group to do your bidding and live in tents without electricity.

<my leader>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:55 pm
I always have lived intents, last fall I bought a new tent on sale so now I suffer from a winter of discount tents.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:06 pm
Thank goodness Spring is around the corner.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:07 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I always have lived intents, last fall I bought a new tent on sale so now I suffer from a winter of discount tents.

<ouch>
0 Replies