Could ANYONE be happier than George Bush and Osama bin Laden

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 12:42 pm
Wichita, Kansas!! That's hilarious! Breeding ground for fanatics!

There's an inside joke there if someone in particular wanders through!

Anon
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:14 pm
(I didn't write this I coppied it- Amigo)

Clearly US companies have found themselves in the position to make millions of dollar in profit from the "war on terror". This has two important results.

The Iraqi economy is not being rebuilt - the infrastructure is. The people of Iraq are not employed by these US companies, the profits do not stay in Iraq, and as a result the Iraqis become more dependant on aid from the West.

The cost of the work is inflated by the involvement of greedy companies. Contracts are largely on a "cost-plus" basis that reimburse them for their expenses while also awarding fees and bonuses.

For example
-the (no-bid) contract granted to Kellogg Brown & Root for oilfield reconstruction in Iraq is worth $1.4 billion with potential to grow to $7 billion. It carries a flat fee of 2 percent, plus performance bonuses of up to 5 percent. 2% of 1.4 billion is $28 million!
-U.S. Army commanders seeking to rebuild a local cement plant were told by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that the job would cost $15.1 million. Instead, the Army commanders turned to local Iraqis, who got the job done for $80,000!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:48 pm
Blast Destroys Dome of Shiite Shrine

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/02/21/international/i224552S06.DTL

Quote:
A large explosion destroyed the golden dome of one of Iraq's most famous Shiite religious shrines in Samarra early Wednesday, the U.S. military said, sending protesters pouring into the streets.

Police believed there were victims buried under the debris but had no immediate casualty figures.

Only a blithering idiot thinks this is all going to work out like a big, wonderful, regionwide Democracy with cooperation and Happy Happy thoughts all through the Middle East!! I would say that George Bush certainly qualifies as that IDIOT!! I wonder if the rest of the boys in his administration EVER let him in on what is really going on!!

What a bloody National Embarrassment ... and it just keeps going on like a bad dream!

Anon
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
A civil war is a strong possibility.

The people in that poor country have not stopped suffering from the day Saddam Hussein took power until right now.
0 Replies