Miss Beatrice's Organ

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 09:26 am
MISS BEATRICE

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the preacher came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.

As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she came back in with tea and scones, they began to chat.

The preacher tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and He could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice," he asked, "Could you, would you, tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet, and it would prevent the spread of disease. And, you know, I haven't had the flu all year."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 479 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
The preacher explained that the condom was actually supposed to be placed over ther penis prior to sexual intercourse. This would prevent the penis from infecting the vagina.

We bury Miss Beatrice on Tuesday.
0 Replies