Suggestions for singles night activities needed

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
Hi All,

I have a bunch of single friends, and so does my girlfriend. We had a discussion about throwing a gettogether bringing our single friends together. The problem now is, what activities could they all do together? Can you suggest activities that'll have a lot of interacting with eachother. My girlfriend suggested a movie night, but it's not a great way to meet people. I suggested that we have party games such as cherades, that would get everyone involved, but that was the only party game I can think of, and I'll have to buy a lot of stuff to make my living room presentable.

So can you suggest activities that'll be great at a singles gettogether? It'll be great if the activites took place somewhere other than at our homes.

Thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 8
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 09:56 pm
The dating game!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 10:49 pm
Back in the '50's such gatherings used to be referred to as "The Middle Atlantic Mating Society".
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 11:50 pm
Oh no! A couple throwing a singles party.......I steer clear if I even a whiff of such things. Laughing

Seriously though, please don't torture anyone with charades and other 'forced' games. It's horrible!

How about organizing a team sport like football, basketball, hockey whatever? That gets everyone involved, having fun with no pressure from the couplets on the 'singles' to hook up, and it's a great excuse to touch each other! :wink:

Afterwards, anyone who feels like it can go out for beers, or to your home, whatever.

That's just one idea. Whatever you do, don't make it a 'everyone needs to pair off' thing (I mean, don't make it obvious, bc that sucks for everyone involved!). Keep it fun and simply a bunch of people getting together to have a good time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 11:01 am
Back in my Single Again Days there were commercial single's dances with an cover charge to pay for renting the hall.

I understand the Lovely Sherri Hasblatt made a comfortable bit of pin money every Friday night.
0 Replies

Blackie Chan

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 10:04 pm
To clarify, I just started dating the girl. I shouldn't have called her my girlfriend.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
What would you do if you were giving a party for both couple-friends and single friends?

Whatever you think would be the most fun for any party is probably also the most fun for a singles party. The hooking up part they'll do themselves if they feel like it.
0 Replies

onthequiet

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 06:54 am
THese are just suggestions and may sound lame but may catch you attention but i agree with flushd and nimh

1 . I reckon a kareoki night out somewhere , if they offer prizes that would be more fun but alteast a few drinks will go around as well to motivate some type of attraction .

2. Just in general , organise a group dinner at a loal resturaunt but invite some couples as well so it doesnt look too obvious . In combine this with step 1 to break the ice .

3. Beach party ( dont know where you are but its bloody hot in Australia at the moment )

4. Go camping overnight , nothing does it better than eyeing someone over the fire and taking a walk with each other for a Deep and meaningfull , once again specially if a few drinks are going round . I like this idea as there is no one else around to distract the guys and girls from pairing up with each other in this group .

5. Game of golf , set up a few groups of 4 , not girl and boy teams but every man for himself , best score guy has to take best score girl out to dinner .

Let me know if im on the right track and ill come up with more , this is only 10 minutes worth off the top of my head .

Good luck .

0 Replies

natioinalowen

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 12:45 am
in my opinion
if there are all boys ,organizing a team sport like football, basketball as flushd say is ok , but if there are boys and girls ,it is not a good advice.
and for boys and girls ,via the internet also a good way ,how do u think about ?
and i am single too ,anyone want to make friend please connect me
icq309090908 ,man ,24ages
0 Replies