The leftist brainwashing of the next generation is complete

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:01 pm
My suspicion is that this whole episode is the work of an agent provocateur. Someone on the senate (not "brainwashed" by the liberal faculty) who was all too eager to make a tempest of a teapot...
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
Fedral wrote:
StSimon wrote:
I'm just curious if the right thinks the left gives classes on why they shouldn't recognize war heros? I wonder if the right thinks that not bringing your child up violent and war-loving is considered to be a parental failure??

How about bringing up your child to appreciate the sacrifice made by those who came before you in defending the freedoms and way of life that they so take for granted.

How about a little respect for the men and women who left their lives and homes to stand between the forces of Fascism (Which the Left LOVES to claim is alive and well in Washington.) and people they didn't even know. Many left to defend those people, some didn't come back.

All gave some, some gave all.

You make a good point. Here people like Pappy gave it all to fight fascism, yet now the right has handed the country over to fascists. I would say that could be confusing to our youth, don't you?
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
woiyo wrote:
StSimon wrote:
I'm just curious if the right thinks the left gives classes on why they shouldn't recognize war heros? I wonder if the right thinks that not bringing your child up violent and war-loving is considered to be a parental failure??

Yes. I believe this pussy professors are brainwashing students by that America's military has a history of invasion and occupation. I wager they have even said that John McCain deserved the tourture he and all our POW's have experienced. Yet, I'll wager these pussy professors have never EVER had to be in a position to defend their ideals in front of real vets and demean and flunk students who challenge their opinions.

I don't "love" war and I can say that from being in one. It sucks, but sometines a necessary evil in this world.

Apparently, you have never been there.

Woiyo, Woiyo, Woiyo. You're going to rupture an artery old fella. I'll be glad to compare war wounds, scars, and burns any time you would like. When you keep talking about Pussy's, I thought you were talking about the Chickenshit In Chief and his Administration. By the way, I went to UC Berkeley, and I never took any of those classes you seem to think they give. I do notice that the current administration is disgusted with most people with an education. It's so much harder to fool someone who has an actual thought process and can think for themselves. You seem like a good guy, but you do foam at the mouth a bit sometimes.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:04 pm
Someone's upset 'cause their brainwashing is less effective than the left's brainwashing....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:31 pm
Well, I have no idea what this thread is about, but it sonds as though you all have very clean brains, with all this washing going on.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
Mine sparkles.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:41 pm
however, the rinse cycle seems to have failed.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The cowboy poet strike again!!!!!

genius!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:09 pm
It is so typical of the righwingnuts that in their eagerness to get out the story, they do so much violence to historical truth. Boyington, in fact, had 22 "kills" with the USMC, the total being revised from the original 21 estimated at the time he was shot down by the Japanese. Combined with the six confirmed "kills" in China, that gave him 27, which was the magic number, because Eddie Rickenbacker had shot down 26 Germans in the Great War, and Americans, who had to meet a much higher standard for confirmed kills than pilots of other nations, looked to Rickenbacker's total as a bench mark. At the time Boyington was shot down, he had passed Rickenbacker, even by the flawed USMC count.

Boyington survived poverty and malnutrition in his youth, and forged on to become the first member of his family to graduate university. He is honored in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, and commemorated all over the University of Washington, so this is definitely tempest in a teapot stuff. He survived nearly two years of near starvation in captivity in Japan. He lead a full life after the war, and died at the age of 75. Nothing these nitwit kids have to say about him will do him the least harm, nor dishonor what he accomplished.

What is truly hilarious, though, is to see this attempt to suggest that there is brainwashing going on. It is, of course, an article of faith among the reactionaries in this country that universities are hotbeds of liberal vice and evil plots. That anyone would leap on a story such as this to suggest that a great danger looms among us is more than sufficient evidence of the idiocy implicit in the thesis--Boyington is beyond anyone's harm, and those who value the contribution that servicemen and -women have made to their nation will not be deterred from honoring him because of the mewling of a few clueless kids at a single university.

HEY ! ! ! RIGHTWINGNUTS ! ! ! Get a grip . . .
0 Replies

StSimon

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:12 pm
dyslexia wrote:

It's the spin cycle that will always get ya.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 05:09 pm
StSimon wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Then they hang us out to dry.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:34 pm
Amigo wrote:
StSimon wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Then they hang us out to dry.
After they've taken us to the cleaners.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 11:16 am
StSimon wrote:
Do you think the perceptions of youth today about the Marines have less to do with Pappy, and more to do with the current military??

Simon,
Not clear what you are saying here. Are you implying that the current military is deserving of less respect than the Marines of WWII?
0 Replies