Ok, I'm serious, who wants to go see motorhead?

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:53 am
Just that his politics are so far removed from yours BP, from what I can tell. Smile

http://www.tednugent.com
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 09:57 am
Unlike people who diss the Dixie Chicks and Tim Robbins, I have the gift of being able to separate someones art from their personal views.

That is not an inference that you are one of those idiots, so don't get your panties in a wad. Smile

NUGE ROCKS!!!! That's all I care about. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 10:07 am
Bear, I have tried to do the same, but it does get difficult. Years ago I went to the Marconi Awards in San Francisco. This is an event where broadcasters get together to pat each other on the back. At the end of the evening, there was a headliner, in this case, Kenny Loggins.

First off, he was late. Like an hour late. Then, when he finally gets up on stage, he spends like twenty minutes going off on his environmental causes. Everyone was pissed, many walked out, and for those who stayed (we did), he put on a lousy show.

Anyway, enjoy Ted. My Dad ALMOST got to hunt with Ted and Fred Bear before Fred died.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 11:32 am
BPB, Nuge rocks! Have fun, but don't wear that avatar, might get crossbowed, lol Razz
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 12:18 pm
HI HO

Yeah, thank goodness for die hard metal heads..always willing to go to a show Smile

Wondering what I can get K to go to with me...... Pearl jJm is coming...not metal enough I think. There is Ozzfest...yeah, like I could get anyone to do that. Oh yeah..theres that Incubus and Janes Addicition show...okay, so maybe Ill just stay in and listen to vinyl.

Motorhead will be grand, and I have yet to go to the Palladium so, it will be interesting.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 12:27 pm
Have fun ladies and germs! I'm not really a metal fan, and I'll be in NYC visiting little brother.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 12:49 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Motorhead??? What in tarnation is a Motorhead??? Sounds like something that a good ole boy would put in his pickup truck. I'd bet that it would add at least 3mpg! Laughing

Phoenix

It's a generational thing. (sigh)

We reach a point where we don't know each others icons (or villains for that matter)

I was in a diner yesterday having breakfast. Had a chat with a pleasant young man of about 25 or so. We talked about Iraq. In the context of discussing Shiite Moslems I mentioned thhe Shah of Iran, Ayatollah Khomenei and the Iranian revolution. He looked at me in complete confusion. He had never heard of either of those gentlemen.

He was probably in diapers when all that happened. On the other hand he probably knows the names of all these heavy metal etc performers that you and I know nothing about.

(sigh) Think I'll go and put on a Roy Orbison CD.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:34 pm
Eek, this'll be the day before I head to NY. 'Twould be a good idea to be conscious that day, in order to make connections.

Metal could be fun. Could possibly even convince Mr. Jespah (lots of wrestling music is metal or metallesque). Bring ear plugs. Or spark plugs.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:51 pm
Lemmy put it this way....Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:54 pm
Hey jespah, wife be the wrestling fan in our family Rolling Eyes even had to buy her the WWE cd thingy of all the wrestler themes for Christmas-slash-Hanukah.....I cringed but gave in, lol.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:09 pm
Golly. We could have an interesting evening out, you and Mrs. Cav, and myself and Mr. Jespah, as we eat crudités and discuss the merits of Goldberg's recent return to the squared circle.

PS Lemmy sings Triple H's theme.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:15 pm
Yeah, found that out when I heard the CD...think I may write a book: "Everything I Learned About Wrestling I Learned from My Wife", or perhaps "Chicken Soup for the Wrestling Widower", whaddya think?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:17 pm
P.S. Triple H shouldn't even be in the ring....get those gimpy old-timers outta there already! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 06:28 pm
Cass, I could be convinced to go to Jane's Addiction or Pearl Jam. I guess it depends on the price of the ticket.

Jes, it doesn't have to be a blow-out evening. It's an early show, could be in bed by midnight maybe..... c'mon!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 06:29 pm
Jjorge! It's not so generational. Motorhead has been playing since the 70s. <going to check my facts>
0 Replies

dishpan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:44 am
Lemmy's been around so long that he used to be in a psychedelic band called Hawkwind....Motorhead is so much better.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:07 am
I have as of yet heard any Hawkwind. You'd think Kevin would have some! Or Nick. Ah well.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:50 am
Just a little tip, li'lk! Be sure to bring earplugs if it's an indoor event... They're loud to the point of permanent hearing loss sometimes!

I've seen motörhead 3 times, in a club (sound level agreeable, and P.A. excellent, no plugs), on open-air festival (The P.A. wasn't fully functioning during their show, so they couldn't pull off the "louder than everything else"stunt), and once in a concerthall... I took a chance and waited 30 seconds, and then I had to put in the plugs! They actually made that concert to be one of my best concert experiences! :-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:57 am
bigdice's posts are hilarious when read in the 'Moe the bartender' voice Very Happy But...indeed, Motorhead rock, and if I am not mistaken, were they not the first metal band to use an umlaut in their name?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 08:58 am
OMG...forgot about Hawkwind...lol
0 Replies