Condaliar Rice: Osama on the Run

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:13 am
Interview on This Week

On Bin Laden: He is on the run

On Authorizing Libby to Out Plame: No Comment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,328 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:00 pm
You've called her a liar. Okay. You say that her lie is that Osama is on the run. Fine. Now, please provide evidence that he isn't.

If you cannot, please give us any other single assertion by her and provide evidence that it's not true.

Some people consider accusing someone of being a liar to be serious. If she is an habitual liar, you ought to be able to take at least one statement by her and provide a little evidence that it's false, without bringing all sorts of observations about my character and practices into it. Just demonstrate that what you've asserted is true, that's all. No snappy comeback lines, no reasons why you're above supporting your accusations, just give us some evidence to support what you said.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:04 pm
nap time
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:15 pm
OSL is using the tread mill in the Crawford pig farm.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:16 pm
Ooop, OBL
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:18 pm
On Bin Laden: He is on the run

On Authorizing Libby to Out Plame: No Comment.

Nowhere do I see Roxanne call Ms Rice a liar.

Show us where she did.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
Look at the title: 'condiliar rice.'

The Taleban and Al Qaeda seem to be doing okay for 'being on the run.'

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=62744

They have seized a large portion of Pakistan, apparently.

Also, Brandon seems to forget that as the one who made the initial positive claim, the burden of proof lies with Rice to show that Osama is on the run; otherwise, he can safely be assumed not to be.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
Oops, my mistake.

I thought that was her name. Sorry.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 02:04 pm
I jsut wish Condaliar would run and the Republicants would nominate her for President in '08.

Brandon, you are one amusing fella.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:29 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Also, Brandon seems to forget that as the one who made the initial positive claim, the burden of proof lies with Rice to show that Osama is on the run; otherwise, he can safely be assumed not to be.

Cycloptichorn

Maybe, maybe not. But in addition, someone accusing someone else of being a liar has an obligation to provide a few shreds of evidence.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:30 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Yes, it sure is amusing to suggest that when you accuse someone of being a liar you should have some evidence. I knew you couldn't do it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:49 pm
The name, Condalezza Rice, sounds like a Jamaican dish.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:27 am
Surprise! I googled and received 175 000 post on : Condi is a liar. Here is an open letter on the subject.

Catherine Austin Fitts
Former Assistant Secretary of Housing, Bush I
President
Solari, Inc

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/040904_fitts_letter.html
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 09:22 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Yes, it sure is amusing to suggest that when you accuse someone of being a liar you should have some evidence.

I didn't say I was assuming I s aid YOU were amusing. It is necessary to know how to comprehend English before one can assess that someone is a liar.

Quote:
I knew you couldn't do it.

I don't waste my time arguing with fenceposts.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:00 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Yes, it sure is amusing to suggest that when you accuse someone of being a liar you should have some evidence.

I didn't say I was assuming I s aid YOU were amusing. It is necessary to know how to comprehend English before one can assess that someone is a liar.

Quote:
I knew you couldn't do it.

I don't waste my time arguing with fenceposts.

What you do find acceptable, though is to accuse someone of being a liar without presenting a shred of evidence, and then, when asked to support your accusation, resort to personal insults against the requester. It's as though the mere thought that you should have evidence before calling someone a liar is a personal affront to you.

The idea of this forum, I believe is to be a place for relatively serious discussion of political issues and events. I don't believe it is proper to make accusations against your political opponents, and then resort to name calling if someone asks you to support your thesis. It doesn't sound like the kind of thing that people who are in the right do.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:01 am
detano inipo wrote:
Surprise! I googled and received 175 000 post on : Condi is a liar. Here is an open letter on the subject.

Catherine Austin Fitts
Former Assistant Secretary of Housing, Bush I
President
Solari, Inc

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/040904_fitts_letter.html

If you purport to believe that she is a liar, then please give one and only one statement she made that's a lie, followed by some sort of evidence that it is a lie.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:20 am
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.

No, you cannot dismiss my point so easily. As the proponent of the positive position, the burden of proof lies upon Rice; she must show how Osama is on the run.

The question of whether or not she is a liar is a seperate question, but material to the point; she makes claims about Osama, has no facts or argument to back it up, therefore she is making unsubstantiated accusations and should be held accountable for doing so the same way you attempt to hold those who call her a liar accountable.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:48 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.

No, you cannot dismiss my point so easily. As the proponent of the positive position, the burden of proof lies upon Rice; she must show how Osama is on the run.

The question of whether or not she is a liar is a seperate question, but material to the point; she makes claims about Osama, has no facts or argument to back it up, therefore she is making unsubstantiated accusations and should be held accountable for doing so the same way you attempt to hold those who call her a liar accountable.

Cycloptichorn

I may validly pursue one of these two issues without pusuing the other. It is wrong to publicly call someone a liar without proof, as Roxxxanne has.

CR may have seen accross her desk over the years evidence that suggests that OBL is on the run. Having, hypothetically, seen it, she is then free to state the fact that he is on the run in a speech, and only provide evidence when requested to. Typically in a speech, one does not follow each statement with evidence that it is so, but if one is speaking publicly, one should be prepared to cite one's sources upon request.

None of this frees Roxxxanne from the ethical obligation not to accuse someone of wrongdoing without having evidence that the accusation is true.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:48 am
zzzzzzz
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
zzzzzzz

BVT's best defense agains my logic. Note the way he drives me back with his piercing logical analysis.
0 Replies