The shameful Australian practice of live sheep trade.

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:02 am
Woo Hoo!

Have a drink on me Amigo! Very Happy
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:11 am
Thanks
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
Great quotes, amigo, those are some of my favorites as well as some that I hadn't heard before. Nice!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:58 pm
I'm getting a good response from the ladies on this one. I think the next I go to a bar I'll try this aproach.

"(say animal rights quote then), The names Amigo baby, Whats your sign?"

And kiss the back of her hand.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:04 pm
& you'll make a real killing, Amigo! Success guaranteed!Laughing

(did I just say killing Oops!?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:28 pm
echi wrote:
dlowan wrote:
No point arguing, Echi...it is an ethical position, for which I have given reasons, you do not agree.

I would like to see your justification for causing more suffering than is necessary, though...with killing as a given.

And I would like to see your justification for killing.

Perfectly reasonable, but a separate argument.

Do you, or do you not, support bad treatment of animals that are going to be killed?

If you do, what is your rationale for uch bad treatment.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:36 pm
dlowan--

Quote:
Do you, or do you not, support bad treatment of animals that are going to be killed?
You don't think that's a ridiculous question?

Do you, or do you not, support bad treatment of women who are going to be beaten?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:47 pm
When I was twelve, I went hunting with my father and we shot a bird. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature [who] was as happy as I was when I woke up this morning. ~Marv Levy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:04 pm
echi wrote:
dlowan--

Quote:
You don't think that's a ridiculous question?

Do you, or do you not, support bad treatment of women who are going to be beaten?

Leaving aside your ridiculously uncouth manner, Echi, I assume your ACTUAL argument is that animals ought not to be killed.

So...fine, but this thread is about cruel treatment of animals which ARE going to be killed.

If you do not wish to discuss that, fine.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:41 pm
Lets consult the sheep, shall we?

"Mister sheep?"

"Baaaaaahh" (what do you want as$hole)

"Would you rather be tortured then killed? Or just killed?"

"BAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" You guys are all f**cken idiots!! You deserve hell on earth!!!"
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:35 pm
dlowan wrote:
Leaving aside your ridiculously uncouth manner, Echi, I assume your ACTUAL argument is that animals ought not to be killed.

So...fine, but this thread is about cruel treatment of animals which ARE going to be killed.

If you do not wish to discuss that, fine.

Well, I am discussing it... just not in the way that you want me to. I am simply pointing out what I see as inconsistent reasoning. The quotes given by Amigo support my point of view, so why are his ideas accepted but mine are not? Oh, yeah. It's my "ridiculously uncouth manner", I guess. Uh... Sorry about that. I am not trying to be rude. (Well, I'm not trying hard.)
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form. ~William Ralph Inge, Outspoken Essays, 1922

I just don't want to be the Devil. I understand the position of some people (activists) who compromise their convictions in hopes for a brighter future, but I don't see things that way.
If I'm too off topic then fine, don't respond. I'll see you all in another thread. No hard feelings.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:51 pm
Echi, I don't see any conection between people (activists) who compromise their convictions and the quote above. What does that mean.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
Amigo--

I like the quote. The "activist" comment is not really about the quote. I was just trying to explain what I think... what I believe.
The activists I'm referring to are, in my experience and opinion, often very angry people. I guess because they perceive (conceive) an enemy to battle against. Why, I don't know.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 06:55 pm
Some of them are frustrated.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
Frustrated, Angry... It's a thin line.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:02 pm
Angry does not mean wrong
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:02 pm
I guess I pissed off dlowan. That sucks. I like to fancy myself a diplomat. Am I delusional?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:06 pm
This is a very limited form of comunication.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:06 pm
Amigo wrote:
Angry does not mean wrong

I know, but I don't like to be angry. I don't think it helps anything. I mean, a small amount can be good to get your attention, but too much clouds your judgment. You can get lost in it.
0 Replies