Fanaticism

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:14 am
Contrary to my earlier estimate I think fanaticism is increasing despite better communications - TV, cinema, books, internet, radio, what have you. Strange isn't it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 30
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:16 am
I have been fighting the far right religious fanatics but it seems to be a hopeless task.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:10 pm
They prolly feel the same way about you. "Fighting" rarely resolves anything. If people are fighhting more then communications isn't better.

The technological revolution just allows more people to shout. It doesn't mean anyone listens.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:01 am
Well, the fanatics sure seem to know how to spread their nonsense. On the weekends and after midnight there are televangelists on the networks plying their trade. There are radioshows by evangelists using fear mongering. Of course, the economic policies and business practices are isolating people and spreading unhappiness all around. Commercials are just sexploitation and everywhere the message is money, money, money.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 01:50 pm
talk72000, I feel the exact same way as you. The religious right are like the borg on star track. They do whatever god says without even thinking about right or wrong thats what makes them such a great source of votes for the rightwing and if you do start to make sense to them you become "Satan tempting them". But i'm sure you already now this, I'm just running my mouth.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:19 pm
Amigo wrote:
The religious right are like the borg on star track.
Laughing

I recently watched about 10 minutes of some religious channel and I couldn't think of a good explanation for the experience, you just summed it up for me Amigo.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 02:27 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

aktorist

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 07:17 pm
Counter the fanatics with logic and good philosophy. Humiliate them.

Is it possible for anyone to do that?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:33 pm
A fanatic is sombody that won't admit there wrong and won't change the subject.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 02:46 am
Fanatics are not only in America but in the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and even Buddhist countries. I think they start out as moderate and once they got the hooks on you they start the fanaticism.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 03:14 am
Amigo wrote:
I guess you're not married then Razz
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:40 am
Religious folk don't have a monopoly on fanaticism, many are atheists e.g. the late Madalyn O'hare and the currently news-omnipresent Michael Newdow.

Some fanatics are left-wing...Michael Moore, George Soros, Al Franken, Jeanne Garofolo

And some are left-wing and religious...Al Sharpton, Luis Farrakhan
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 12:52 am
talk72000 wrote:
I have been fighting the far right religious fanatics but it seems to be a hopeless task.

Tell us, Oh Warrior of The Left, how you have engaged in righteous combat with Religious Fanatics.

A multitude of meaningless cyber-posts, or are you laying in on the line?

Enlighten us, so that you may achieve your rightful place in the pantheon of Rational Warriors.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:13 am
Chumly wrote:
Amigo wrote:
I guess you're not married then Razz
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:13 am
I exaggerated there. I merely counter the arguments by the far right religious groups who quote the Bible chapter and verse. I counter that Jesus is Lucifer and that just about stops the proselytizing right there.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:22 am
Religious fanatics are the greatest threat as they have a large followings and there is encouragement towards violence towards those who disagree with their made up 'truths' by labelling their opponents as 'pagans', 'infidels', 'apostates', 'disbelievers', 'uncircumcised', 'gentiles', 'heathens', 'anti-christs', 'christ killers', etc. Those who resort to violence are condoned and even promised '72' houris in the after life, entrance to the 'pearly gates', etc.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 07:46 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Religious fanatics are the greatest threat as they have a large followings and there is encouragement towards violence towards those who disagree with their made up 'truths' by labelling their opponents as 'pagans', 'infidels', 'apostates', 'disbelievers', 'uncircumcised', 'gentiles', 'heathens', 'anti-christs', 'christ killers', etc. Those who resort to violence are condoned and even promised '72' houris in the after life, entrance to the 'pearly gates', etc.

uh, ya forgot the deepest cut of all.... "liberals". Laughing
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:48 am
Ah yes, 'liberals' are now in the endangered species list thanks to the controlled media.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:05 am
talk72000 wrote:
Ah yes, 'liberals' are now in the endangered species list thanks to the controlled media.

how can that be ?? everytime i turn around, there's some rightist carping about the liberal media ?

and if anyone who doesn't back bush to the hilt gets labeled a liberal, then +/- 61% of the country are liberals.

der's sumting vewwy, vewwy stwange goin' on heeyah...
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 10:15 pm
The term Liberal has become a bogeyman label. If you don't do as Bushites want then you're 'Liberal' meaning you're no good not that the fence sitter is ACTUALLY Liberal.
0 Replies