Into the Lions den

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
timberlandko wrote:
And they wonder why they lose elections.

And I wonder how you can manage to stay so woefully ignorant of current events. Maybe you should spend more time keeping up witjh the news and less time posting tortured drivel.

One of the reasons Dems lose is that Republicans are so poorly informed as to what is really going on. It is appalling that anyone posting on a political forum would be so poorly informed that he or she wouldn't get that joke.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:03 am
"That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental - suuplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." GWB, Sept 4, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." GWB, May 25, 2004

We are just trying to duplicate what has proven so successful for you guys.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

And I wonder how you can manage to stay so woefully ignorant of current events. Maybe you should spend more time keeping up witjh the news and less time posting tortured drivel.

One of the reasons Dems lose is that Republicans are so poorly informed as to what is really going on. It is appalling that anyone posting on a political forum would be so poorly informed that he or she wouldn't get that joke.

Nobody got that "joke," Harper/Chrissee/Nikki/Roxxxxxanne.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:41 pm
blatham wrote:
"That's why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental - suuplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel." GWB, Sept 4, 2004

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." GWB, May 25, 2004

We are just trying to duplicate what has proven so successful for you guys.

You do realize that people have TWO hands,dont you?
It is possible to lose one of them and still shake someones hand.

Or,with a prosthetic hand,it is also possible to shake someones hand.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:43 pm
mysteryman wrote:
You do realize that people have TWO hands,dont you?
It is possible to lose one of them and still shake someones hand.

Or,with a prosthetic hand,it is also possible to shake someones hand.

It's not as funny to blatham to think along those lines ... so he chooses not to.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:51 pm
Folks have two hands! Boy, you guys are sharp as tacks.

Actually, I thought Timber's response a nimble bit of wit. Such ought to be rewarded. Gift for a gift sort of thing. Heck, I even gave him a two-fer.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 01:19 pm
nimh wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Yeah, cos every one knows Roxxanne = The Democratic Party ... Rolling Eyes

No, not the entire Democratic Party, just its activist wing, to which the party's leadership slavishly adheres, and which, for that reason, is proximately responsible for the Democratic Party's string of electoral disappointments.

The Member currently self-identifying as Roxxxanne wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

There is a joke, that's for sure, but I'm not the one missing it. As Shown, The Democratic Party enjoys a slight, but statistically significant 3% overall, or approximately 8.92% proportional, advantage in respondant-claimed afilliation over the Republican Party - self-professed Democrats 34%, Republicans 31%, with 24% claiming to be Independents. Quite obviously, having achieved the electoral results it has, The Republican Party outperforms The Democratic Party in the matter of appealing across the broader spectrum of voter afilliations.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 03:11 pm
Wow, even touristy threads end up this way...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 03:22 pm
Cyclo,
Back to the subject.
If you are into history at all,may I suggest that you go to colonial Williamsburg.
It is a fascinating look at the past,and fairly close to DC.

Also,the US history museum at the Smithsonian.
I went to the Holocaust Museum a few months ago,and if you want an interesting (and somewhat sickening) look at how evil the third reich was,thats the place.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 03:32 pm
Maybe the cherry blossoms will come early for you this year, Cyclo.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:26 pm
The acacias have bloomed in San Francisco, and summer is here, well at least for now, it was like 80 in the sun today. Just gorgeous,

Anyway, I still can't believe there are right-wing morons who spend hours and hours ranting against the left to fill that deep, emotional void that allows them to be the mean-spirited losers that they are yet can't invest a few minutes a day keeping up on current events.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cyclo,
Back to the subject.
If you are into history at all,may I suggest that you go to colonial Williamsburg.
It is a fascinating look at the past,and fairly close to DC.

Also,the US history museum at the Smithsonian.
I went to the Holocaust Museum a few months ago,and if you want an interesting (and somewhat sickening) look at how evil the third reich was,thats the place.

Screw that, if you want to take a side trip, go to Baltimore. Fells Point, Inner Harbor, Little Italy. Eat some crabs.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:14 am
George wrote:
Wow, even touristy threads end up this way...

Laughing
0 Replies