Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:10 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Brandon, you're the Momma Angel of the politics threads

^
Name calling.

That's not very nice Brandon, to infer that being compared to Mama Angel is an insult. Pretty damn boorish if you ask me. Why don't you apologize to Mama Angel?

My corect identification if this as an example of name calling has nothing to do with my opinion of Momma Angel. Do you ever make on topic posts here in the politics area, or do you try to win for the liberals by lingering around the real posters making irrelevant snipes? Your teasing, little jibes, no matter how clever, Rolling Eyes do nothing to show that your opinions are correct, and actually suggest the reverse.

sez you Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:13 pm
Jeeze, how dull-witted. I'm pointing out, Mr. Atheist Brandon, that your unquestioning faith in any and all programs of Bush and company is the political equivalent of religion--i'm not saying your support him for religious reasons. Either you're being awfully dense, or awfully obtuse.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
You didn't address anything in that post. In that post you ignore what was already pointed out to you about the deterrant which exists against the irresponsible use of nukes by rogue states.

Your thesis was, I believe that a rogue state would be frightened out of using any nukes it possessed by fear of the world's retribution. I think this is optimistic. History is full of provocative actions by countries which should have known that retribution would follow. The Iranians might pass a few nukes to a terrorist group and then, after millions died, deny involvement. A nuclear fireball destroys a lot of evidence. The world might indeed compile enough evidence to justify an attack in response, but I think that there are people out there, if not in Iran then in the next, or the next country to acquire nukes, who would believe they could get away with it.

Setanta wrote:
You ignore in that post that it has already been pointed out to you that depotic states, unstable states and states sympathetic to terrorists already have nukes. You ignore that in the sixty years since Japan was nuked, nuclear weapons have proliferated exponentially, but have not been used since.

As I said, "we've been lucky," but as the number of all sorts of entities to possess nukes increases and increases, surely the chance that someone somewhere will use one eventually must increase too.

Setanta wrote:
You ignore that the cogent argument advanced than the Persians simply want nukes as a plausible deterrant to Israeli or American objection.

Maybe that's their whole motive, maybe it isn't. But they are sympathetic to terrorists, and their President Ahmadinejad makes some rather ominous sounding statements:

Quote:
Responding to President Bush's claim that Iran was "a nation held hostage by a small clerical elite" he branded the American leader a criminal. To cheers, he said: "Those whose arms are stained up to the elbow with the blood of other nations are now accusing us of violating human rights and freedoms. God willing, we shall drag you to trial."

Source

Even, however, if Iran is to my surprise to be trusted with doomsday weapons, as more and more countries of all shapes and sizes acquire nukes, I maintain that it is common sense that the chance of their use also increases.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
and I maintain that it's a little late to be thinking about that **** now.....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:52 pm

It's never too late to prevent a terrible danger from becoming worse.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 04:56 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

And who made the world more dangerous ?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 06:52 am
freedom4free wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

And who made the world more dangerous ?

Are you even reading the thread? We're referring to the danger posed by the proliferation of WMD. Why don't you tell me who is trying to stop WMD proliferation and who is enabling it?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 10:53 am
I hate to revive an old thread,but I have to.

Its now May 7,and there has been no attack on Iran.
I thought we were going to attack in March.
0 Replies