Colonialism and the Muslim world

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 08:24 pm
Tartar, Please make sure you have a 'bingo' before you shout it out. Please read out your numbers, so that we can verify. Wink_ c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 09:50 am
Bingo Wolf?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 10:57 am
Tartar, As a ex-auditor, I like to double-check things. It's out of habit - even after retirment. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 11:54 am
Bingo. Ci.
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:25 pm
I think too much credit is being given to the Muslim World.

Yes, they were once a very educated people, and many still are. They were once very wise, and many still are. They were once very scientific, and many still are.

But today the Arabian peoples in general are uneducated, they don't know history as some of you have credited them, they are misled by their leaders into believing ideas that don't exist.

Palestinians are an excellent example, if they knew history outside of their own muslim history, they'd know that Palestinian means "Jew living in Israel."

That's quite far from what we know of it as today.

Palestinian is the term Romans gave to Jews in Israel, to try and break up the "unity" that the Jews had to that land, to better colonize it, and make it a Roman state.

It did fail, but the term "Palestine" referring to Judaism survived until about 1948, when Israel was formed, then Palestine passed to the Muslim.

Muslims like anyone can be very educated, but their schools have very censored text books, they are not taught history except that which benefits the leaders, and they have a pitiful media.

But then, most of you should think differently right? Muslims are mistreated, underappreciated, and misunderstood right?

No.

Live there a while...they are exploited, but as always, they are exploited by their leadership first, foreigners second.

This is mostly a problem with Arabic countries, as it is a Beddouin culture problem, not a religious problem.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:29 pm
um i did live there for 10 years
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 10:59 pm
And which country specifically, or did you just wander with a travelling camel caravan?

You can not tell me, that they know more history then an American, which has been alligated on this thread.

And you can not tell me that the Arabs in general are taken advantage of by numerous sources, their leaders, fundamentalists, as well as outside sources.

I stated a fact, Arabs are taken advantage of first by their own, then by foreigners. It's sad, and maybe with the liberation of Iraq it will finally end.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:01 pm
5PoF

Generalicing as you do, I don't have any proof that Americans know a lot of history. Have a look at H-net, to watch the history knowledge of history students!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:03 pm
5PoF wrote:
And which country specifically, or did you just wander with a travelling camel caravan?

that was not really necessary and does not lead to effective communication unless sarcasm is your only interest. i lived in Saudi Arabia
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:07 pm
Sarcasm can be a fun tool, and it doesn't always have to be insultive, so don't always take it as such Wink

Saudi Arabia would have to be one of the better educated of the Arab nations, but they are taken advantage of by many muslim groups as I explained, and this is probably due to little knowledge in general of their history, and history in general.

But Saudi isn't so bad.
0 Replies