real life

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 09:01 pm
xingu wrote:
You know what Momma; looking at these nine statements makes me think that a lot of people who call themselves Christians are not Christians but Satanists.

Look at statements 1 and 4, 5 and 7, 8.

That's the Bush administration.

Supported by good born againt conservative Christians.

Are you saying that Christians are sinners?

Isn't that usually axiomatic that Christians recognize that all, including themselves, are sinners?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
MA wrote:

Though I find it rather hard to understand how you would get anyone to convert or join up or whatever you would call it if you aren't even willing to engage in a discussion with them

Therein is the answer to your question;Satanism does not seek converts.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:10 pm
You don't seek converts? Ok. So do you just want people that have no religion at all or what?

I guess I really don't understand why you wouldn't seek converts or others (if you don't). Not familiar with that.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:44 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
You don't seek converts? Ok. So do you just want people that have no religion at all or what?

I guess I really don't understand why you wouldn't seek converts or others (if you don't). Not familiar with that.

It may be hard to understand to one so deeply imbedded in the paradigm you inhabit but, no..we don't seek to convert anyone, be they religious or areligious. Satanists realize Satanism is for a select few, and those come by it of their own search.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:57 pm
Doktor S,

I do appreciate you answering my questions but I really wish you could find it in your heart to leave out the little barbs about my being "deeply imbedded in the paradigm I inhabit but....." I don't see any reason for them.

I am doing my best to try to be as respectful of you as I can. It's not easy for me to ask you questions about Satanism and I would think you could understand that.

I do find it odd that a religion would not try to gather believers. How few are the select?
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:32 am
Momma, quite a few religions don't seek new members. Some you pretty much have to be born into. Some only encompass certain ethnic groups. Some just don't care what anybody else does as long as they're let alone to do what they feel is right. I think what Dok may be saying is that if you look at Xianity as being the normative form, you're not going to understand where others come from. It's just your own outlook. Ones that don't proselytize, as I remember, include Judaism, the Christian sect the Shakers (who were also celibate, which is why there are less than a dozen today), and amongst the minor major religions, Zoroastrians do not proselytize, and Jains seem to be welcoming but don't seek out converts (and even go so far as to run temples for other religions).
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:37 am
Username,

Thank you! I appreciate so much you explaining that to me. I'm really glad you helped!
0 Replies

username

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:42 am
Momma, go to wikipedia and read about Jainism, I didn't know much about it at all, but they really seem like pretty good folks.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:43 am
Thanx username. I'll check into that.

Well, I did a quick perusal of Jainism. I am a Christian so I'm not going to convert but I do like some of the things they believe in. I really like the non-violence and fidelity in marriage, truth, etc. I like the fact that it seems they are cocerned with the well-being of others as much as, if not more than, their own.

A much gentler bunch than the Satanists I would say. Doktor S, I did not mean that as an insult to you or your religion. I am just going by what I have read of Satanism and your interactions with me and others.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:08 am
heh..ya..
If you are looking for a 'gentle bunch' a group of Satanists probably wouldn't be a great place to start...
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:18 am
Real

Quote:

Isn't that usually axiomatic that Christians recognize that all, including themselves, are sinners?

Not saying they're sinners. Just that they practice some forms of Satanism. They go about the world proclaiming, with their puffed up pride, how superior their religion and morality is. How they will be saved because of their beliefs.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
Xingu,
Quote:

Just that they practice some forms of Satanism. They go about the world proclaiming, with their puffed up pride, how superior their religion and morality is

You are operating under false pretenses.
I would direct you to the 9 sins of Satanism, number two in specific.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Nothing false here. Many conservative Christians attack other religions and beliefs. Christianity is based on violence and intolerance of competing religions. In their prothesizing they are always selling the superiority of their faith and God's willingness to save them and reject all others.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:15 am
Oh, I am not arguing that conservative christians don't behave that way, only that such behavior isn't rightly 'Satanic'.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 11:32 am
xingu,

It seems your view of Christianity follows right along with that of many others. I have to thank Doktor S for at least realizing all Christians don't act like that.

Being a Christian is not about being superior to anyone, xingu. At least it's not for me. I am so NOT superior to anyone! Do you think maybe a person's confidence in the fact that they are "saved" might be viewed by others as superiority? I often wonder if that is the case.

I think I ca understand how you would feel some behaviors may be satanic. For myself, when I sin, that's an evil committed against God and yes, to me satan is evil, so it just naturally flows into your thought I think.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:36 pm
Quote:
It seems your view of Christianity follows right along with that of many others.

I did not say this was the beliefs of Christians. I specified conservative Christians. I will go further to say that I don't believe all conservative Christians believe that way but I would bet most do. From conversations I've had with SDA I believe most all of them believe that way. I believe most all conservative SB believe that way. I believe there are a lot of smaller highly conservative Christian sects that believe that way.

I know in my family there are very conservative Protestants who believe that way.

Quote:
Being a Christian is not about being superior to anyone, xingu.

That depends on what type of Christianity you practice. Since my comment was not directed at your beliefs so I see no reason for you to take this personal. After all your version of Christian belief is not representative of all Christians, and it may not even be representative of a majority of Christians.

Quote:
I think I ca understand how you would feel some behaviors may be satanic.

I was commenting on LaVey's 9 Satanic Statements. It was you who made a comment on them. I was observing how our born-again Christian president and his conservative Christian core practice and believe in some of those statements. That is not to say they are Santanic but, then if you walk the walk……………….
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:52 pm
xingu,

I did not take the statements personally. I didn't think you were insulting anyone or anything like that.

I can only speak for myself, xingu. I use I a lot when I post because I am owning MY statements and MY behaviors.

Actually, I quite agree with a lot of what you said.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:52 pm
xingu wrote:
Nothing false here. Many conservative Christians attack other religions and beliefs. Christianity is based on violence and intolerance of competing religions. In their prothesizing they are always selling the superiority of their faith and God's willingness to save them and reject all others.

Let's see.

Intolerance....

Superiority.....

Fairly vague terms, but emotionally charged these days.

Do you believe that your view of things is correct and that another's view (like the conservative Christians that you are trashing) is not correct?

Could that be seen by others as 'superiority' and even 'intolerance' on your part -- in the same way that you think you perceive it in others?

Do you 'attack' the beliefs of conservative Christians, or others with whom you strongly disagree (not only religious views, but possibly political views and other issues as well)? Or could others view your statements about those with whom you disagree as 'attacks' ?

You are very good at pushing emotional buttons and using charged language, but I wonder if you apply the same standard to yourself?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:55 pm
xingu wrote:
Real

Quote:

Not saying they're sinners. Just that they practice some forms of Satanism. They go about the world proclaiming, with their puffed up pride, how superior their religion and morality is. How they will be saved because of their beliefs.

Well, pride is a sin, isn't it? At least to Christians it is. So you are saying they are sinners.

Surprise. They would probably tell you that they are sinners too.

Satanism is nothing more that the exaltation of self. Just sin by another name.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:47 pm
Real

Since everyone is hopelessly engulfed in sin, whether they are Christians or Satanists, I presume we will all ultimately meet in the same place.
0 Replies