I'm gonna be an teeture

Thomas

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 08:09 pm
dlowan wrote:
a. re Principal. Stupid bitch

b. re gifts. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Ditto. And best wishes for your fight against that sickness!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 08:21 pm
Thanks - I prolly should have stayed home today. I prolly should be in bed.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 08:40 pm
littlek wrote:
Thanks - I prolly should have stayed home today. I prolly should be in bed.

You're making a lot of sense. As usual.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 04:24 pm
Doing better today?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 04:46 pm
littlek wrote:

Are you settled in now?

Hey LilK

Hope you are feeling better hun. Keep yer chin up, know that can be hard. Those gifts were wonderful - so much thought behind them. How lovely for you. Enjoy your weekend.

(I'm in and settling - finally got broadband today!!!!!! Phew phew phew!) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:21 pm
Better today? My throat isn't as sore, but my nose feels like it might explode. Thanks for asking <grin>.

Glad to hear you're settling in, Izzie. The dragonflies you posted elsewhere are beautiful!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 05:45 pm
Thanku. Smile

My little boy and his cousin are both poorly at the moment - nasty, nasty cough, cold and high temp. He's sleeping, at last, but is still coughing.

Hope you will wake up feeling much better and can enjoy the weekend.

Take care LilK x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:58 pm
Thanks, I hope your guys are feeling better soon, too. You stay healthy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 12:08 pm
Is it a good day for a walk/hike/solstice celebration?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:11 pm
Looks like littlek did go hiking, ehBeth. Very encouraging.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:13 pm
No hiking today. We are planning hiking for tomorrow. I still have a nagging cough and a stuffy nose.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:25 pm
http://www.cluttercontrolfreak.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/kleenex.jpg
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:31 pm
littlek wrote:
No hiking today. We are planning hiking for tomorrow. I still have a nagging cough and a stuffy nose.

Okay. So I'll wait until tomorrow and then talk trash with ehbeth about you behind your back.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your cold. It sounds a lot like the symptoms I get when I'm stressed out. (I hope you're not also getting the herpes blisters I get on my tongue when I'm under stress -- they're nasty!) I hope you have a few more days to hike and relax before summer school starts.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:49 pm
Littlek, it is actually painful to read your posts because I know several teachers and they tell me about how many potentially good teachers leave because they can't take the idiocy dealing with each level of administration.

I'll see if I can get my next door neighbor to email you. She has taught gifted children for around 30 years and has never had such a frustrating, student unfriendly experience since the "No Child Left Behind" was initiated. In fact, last year, she wrote to the principal and other administrative types, saying that she refused to follow the 'authorized' teaching plan becasue her students were so far beyond the current teaching plans that they would be repeating lessons that they did a couple of years ago. No one even replied. They knew better.

In your position as a new teacher, you have no pull, no experience to call upon, leaving you relatively helpless. You are doing all the right things though, that's all you can do.

People like you make wonderful teachers. I'm betting you will get a job--the teaching profession badly needs people like you.

Do you know the old saw, "Those that can, do. Those that can't teach?" The way it should be said is, Those that can, do. Those that can do it better, teach."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 11:17 pm
Thomas, I don't get that sick, thankfully. It was a cold - a major, full-blown cold. I haven't had one this bad all year. I'm on the mend, but now I have the self-perpetuating cough - have started cough suppressants.

Diane, this is why I waited until I was older to get into teaching. The theory was that now I can handle the BS. I hope I can.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:28 pm
How yer doing LilK - are you dripping nose free hun? Hope you are doing much better and had a good day today Smile

(My little fella has the residual cough from his cold...nasty irritating cough - Tulips little fella has an awful barky cough.... and I'm just going down with the snuffles and bad head Sad Hey ho - the weather is better and the house is sorting.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:39 pm
Aw, that's too bad, Izzie!

I put in a call to my doctor's office today. I'm starting to feel pressure in my eardrums. Not good. I'm worried it's a sinus infection. I wish I knew more about this stuff.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:43 pm
K -sinuses..... steam inhalations.... start straight away. Sinus infections can be horribly painful - had waaaaay too many and I always end up on strong antibiotics - ugh!

So - hot water, in a bowl, tea towel over head... and breathe in thru nose and out thru mouth! (said Florence NightIzzgale!) Very Happy Can't remember in the US what the name is... over here tho - it's Vicks Vapor Rub or Olbas Oil - put some drops / dollop in the water (like menthol) but start now and hopefully the sinuses won't block. OOoohhhh - nasty, nasty. Arrow
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:47 pm
I used to 'steam my head'. Now I use a neti pot. 6 oz of saline solution poured through the sinuses in one nostril and out the other. It ain't pretty, but it flushes the system really well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:48 pm
By the way, Bathiepoo, thanks for the tissues. I just finished the last box!
0 Replies