I'm gonna be an teeture

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 10:17 am
I already congratulated you on the other thread. Don't double-dip.

Now I can make fun of you.

Poor kids.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:32 am
littlek wrote:
Lash! I'll be teaching elem school! A little too young for teacherly crushes, methinks.

that letorneau womens boyfriend was only 12, there's hope for you :wink:
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:34 am
oh by the way congrats, my mom was a teacher, one of the more honourable professions
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 11:40 am
BBB
djjd62 wrote:
oh by the way congrats, my mom was a teacher, one of the more honourable professions

If only teachers were paid well for the service they provide. Everything depends on the quality of our teachers---and the respect in which they are held.

I still fondly remember my history teacher, Miss Goode. She made all the difference in my life.

Congrats, gal!

BBB
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 01:55 pm
congratulatations, perfessuh 'k!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 02:06 pm
hope you'll have some fabulous classmates, we'll have awesome parties and go hang on campus and and and...what? off campus? oh, well, nevermind. Congrats anyway <sobbing loudly>
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:11 pm
Great news, littlek! Add me to the list of people who think you'll make a great teacher! Best wishes!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 05:22 pm
Me next-door neighbor is a teacher, Bumble Bee bought me a telescope so I could peek in her windows. She (my neighbor) has bigger than average boobs. I like teachers.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:46 pm
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

If only teachers were paid well for the service they provide. Everything depends on the quality of our teachers---and the respect in which they are held.

I still fondly remember my history teacher, Miss Goode. She made all the difference in my life.

Congrats, gal!

BBB

luckily in canada teachers are paid very well
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:48 pm
I found out my favorite waiter at my favorite restaurant is a teacher who is waiting tables to make ends me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:49 pm
She is going to make ends you?

How? And, more importantly....why?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:54 pm
oopsie. Hmm, maybe a freudian slip. He's a very cute guy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:55 pm
You're such a lecher, k.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:57 pm
I am, it's sad.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:42 pm
Razz
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:42 pm
Well there is a start littlek. Go in that restaurant again
and ask the cute waiter if he could give you any feedback
from his teaching job.

There is nothing men love more, than to be asked for help
by a cute girl. Take the initiative, littlek!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:59 pm
I think you will be one wonderful teacher. I fear you may get frustrated with bureaucratic hoohah, but maybe you can bypass some of that with your sanity combined with your sanguinity. You are a woman who can really make a difference and I'm glad you are going for it.

The only person I know in real life with a masters in education is also a landscape architect. Her forte even in that was administration, running projects - we are sort of total opposites in that I hate administration, where's the gagging spoon, oh, there it is... and I love seat of the pants design. Anyway, she now administers a big sized university design department and got the job because of that masters in education.

So I see your move as having possible lifetime layers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:37 pm
Oooooh, Osso, I like that!!!!

I have indeed thought of going to ask him about teaching. Say, can I ask you a few questions sometime? Problem is that the restaurant is very expensive.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:22 am
Congratulations again, littlek. I hope you keep this thread going so we all can track your progress.

There are many teachers in my family. The good ones can influence children for the rest of their lives. My aunt taught kindergarten for thirty years. When she died I went to settle her small estate. I sat there with tears in my eyes as I read all the notes from her little students and their parents. I think you will have that kind of influence on the children you teach.

A note: little boys develop huge crushes on their teachers. It was adorable watching my sons go through grade school. For each of them, there was one teacher that was able to steal their hearts and to make them work their little tails off at the same time.

Those crushes are wonderful as a way of providing incentive, especially for little guys who would much rather be catching frogs than sitting in a classroom.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:39 am
Re: BBB
djjd62 wrote:

luckily in canada teachers are paid very well

Same here in Germany - but they have to study for that (at least) four years at university .....
0 Replies