I'm gonna be an teeture

littlek

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:17 am
Thanks everyone!

MsO, all good advice. I am getting good at prioritizing, but sometimes the small stuff gets left too long (how I ended up in my current financial pickle).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:24 am
Of course, k, procrastination (over the small and the big stuff!) is a totally unfamiliar concept to me! :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:26 am
Does anyone not procrastinate?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:34 am
I'm certain there are some very organized folk here, who don't, k. For example .......

Razz
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:37 am
msolga wrote:
I'm certain there are some very organized folk here, who don't, k. For example .......

Razz

I've bean gonna clean the patio for the past 3 weeks but some days it's cloudy and on the other days I take a nap (sloth is my middle name)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 08:40 am
littlek wrote:

I'll get back to ya on that....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 09:49 am
Laughing

Strangely enough, I rarely procrastinate professionally, but
at home - Mama mia, I can push things around for months on end. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/parting.gif
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:46 am
Littlek--

Transitions are complicated.

I'm starting a Major Ommmmmm to encourage all your potential supervisor teachers to stop procrastinating and make bids for your Intern Time.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:38 pm
I've got some good friends.

Thanks again everyone.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 09:03 pm
I just got my science class results - A+. I had adjectives like brilliant and excellent written on my lessons (the ones I had to do alone).

So. The elementary school I now work in has a public preschool on site. I am in there often (this is why I'm always sick?). There are two adorable, dimple-cheeked, big brown-eyed identical twins in one of these preschool classrooms. They are both tiny and fragile, one more so than the other. And they are hilarious!

I have told stories, here or elsewhere on a2k, about them. One of them refused to believe all of the evidence that the teachers had laid out indicating that there had been a leprechaun in the classroom over night (on St. Paddy's Day). There were tiny green foot prints, green glitter and shamrock confetti all over the classroom. He flat out refused to believe it, though he did give the idea much thought.

The other, on my first day in that classroom, kept winking and nodding at me. Then he leaned over, cupped his mouth, and whispered that some day he'd have a motorcycle and did I want to go for a ride with him on it?

Where do these kids get this? They're 5 years old!

The last time I was in the classroom, I was sitting next to one of the twins. I was wearing an elbow-length t-shirt as I often do. I choose elbow-length to cover my tattoo. I am very careful about keeping it under wraps. I have had it exposed when out and about in that town, but not often and I am pretty sure I never saw those guys outside of school. Maybe they saw me. The one I was sitting next to looked at me and said, "There's a tattoo under there!" and started to lift my sleeve. I said no. he said yes. I said how did he know? And he said he just did. I got firm and told him to stop. he did.

How did he know? He was so sure of it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:26 pm
littlek wrote:

I'll tell you when I get round to it.

littlek wrote:
I just got my science class results - A+. I had adjectives like brilliant and excellent written on my lessons (the ones I had to do alone).

Great results!

littlek wrote:

Ferking leprechaun told him.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:58 am
littlek wrote:
...The one I was sitting next to looked at me and said, "There's a tattoo under there!" and started to lift my sleeve. I said no. he said yes. I said how did he know? And he said he just did. I got firm and told him to stop. he did.

He's on A2K.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:11 am
George wrote:
littlek wrote:
...The one I was sitting next to looked at me and said, "There's a tattoo under there!" and started to lift my sleeve. I said no. he said yes. I said how did he know? And he said he just did. I got firm and told him to stop. he did.

He's on A2K.

Laughing

Great marks littlek -- way to go!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:17 am
Littlek--

Hard work: Great Marks.

I'm guessing that your kid has sharp eyes rather than ESP. Remember kids concentrate on the damnest things.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:58 am
Hooray on the marks AND the comments!

~~~~~~~

Sharp eyes - shadow of the tat through the fabric at some point.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:00 am
Kris--

That's wonderful!!! Congratulations!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:26 pm
Thanks all!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 06:49 am
Elephant stamp, k! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:15 am
"Brilliant"? Brilliant!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:49 am
Well done, littlek!

Watch out -- little boys grow up quickly. You'll be having a biker looking to give you a ride on his motorcycle in no time (cute, very cute).
0 Replies