I'm gonna be an teeture

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:50 pm
Edgar, I'm so upset about this. I can't imagine that I didn't do something wrong. I usually conclude that in a spectacularly failed endeavor, both parties are at fault.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:52 pm
And meanwhile, now she's done and I have yet to start because I was trying to work with her. Well, I was until I lost heart and decided to take the rest of my vacation as vacation instead of for doing homework.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:53 pm
Ewww.

One thing I didn't like about getting my master's in education is that the whole milieu is so damn FEMALE. The above is exactly what I mean by that. Variations of the above led me to have a pretty volatile confrontation with one of my professors during class (where nobody came to my defense at the time but I was rushed afterwards by people who were so impressed with what I had to say and so happy I spoke up... grrr...)

I think the only realistic course of action at this point is to just move forward, salvage what you can, and not work with that person again. I think your professor has already decided she won't be an arbiter and there isn't a gun smoking enough to force any issue.

That sucks though.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:55 pm
It sucks. It sounds as if the professor thinks I'm the bad guy. That really chaps my patootie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:56 pm
Next I expect to hear that her lesson plan on tectonics was based on your start.

Save the emails on a disc.

GRRRRRRRRRRR.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:58 pm
and your plate tectonics thread ...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:59 pm
Maybe that's worth pursuing, then. Like, do your half (you need to have your work done and done well before you have a hope of getting her attention, I'd guess from what you've said so far), then ADD at some later date, something about, "I'd just like to clarify that I made every effort to effectively collaborate with Rottentooth. It didn't work out, unfortunately, but I wanted to be sure you understood that it was due to a cascade of circumstances and that I tried my best to salvage things." Well that's long-winded, but some sort of face-to-face "I didn't **** up, got it?" communication once your work is done.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:30 pm
I thought about that Soz. After my work is done. After my grade is in. We'll see how I feel at that time. The next class meeting will happen before then. Should be interesting. I want to find out who she worked with on her last lesson plans and see how that went.

Osso, Beth - I think I will do just that! Save the emails and the write up...... thanks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:33 pm
Is it kosher to post all the emails over on my other thread if I remove all the names? For safe keeping? Or should I save them elsewhere?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:56 pm
I've printed them out.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:55 pm
bm
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 04:37 pm
littlek wrote:
I emailed my professor just to make sure that us doing separate lessons was ok with her. She sent back a long email that defended my former partner and chastized me while saying she didn't want to get in the middle of a "she said" conversation.

i don't think you did anything wrong, other than selecting a difficult person to work with.

has she been there longer than you?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:08 pm
No, we started at the same time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:17 pm
Need a wee rant.

I have to find a student teaching placement for next fall (or my university will). I asked the principal of the first elementary school I worked at this year, she said she'd email the 4th and 5th grade teachers. I never heard back from anyone. I spoke with the principal of the new school, he mentioned one name. I emailed her. I got no response to I went to her class a week later. She told me I would know in 2 days. That was a week ago. There's only a few more weeks to school!

I have to have three teacher licensing tests taken by the start of student teaching, 2 passed one just taken (pass or fail - doesn't matter). I had to take the second must pass over (I missed the passing grade by 1 point). I'll get my results in a month. Each test is 130 bucks.

I have to have 70 hours of pre-practicum experience in a classroom setting. I thought a variety was good (thought I was told that). The variety isn't. I need to make my current experience sound like the one they want - luckily the principal said he'd sign whatever I needed him to sign.

I had to pay off and cancel bad credit card (22.24% interest, or whatever). Now my net is gone and I keep screwing up my finances. I am ridiculously broke and don't know what to do with myself. The only thing left to cut or change is my living situation, and this is a good deal for a place anywhere around this area. We're talking move back in with mom and dad time. But, that'd NEVER happen, so I will build up debt. Once I find the right credit card. If there is one for me.

I haven't gotten my grade for my last class.......

I have, however, looked into the grounds committee at the school I work for. I may put in some hours there this summer. This is good. I get some money taken off my rent for gardening at the house. This is better.

I have come to hate HM#3.

I have been sick for most of the last 3 months.

Just a little stressed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:35 pm
<pats littlek on head>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:52 pm
Time for things to turn around...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:00 pm
littlek, can't your parents help you out with a small loan until you're
a full fletched teacher?

What about your sister whose children you have raised so she can have a sound mind at work knowing her children are in safe hands? Doesn't
she feel the least bit guilty for having had such cheap childcare all these
years?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:01 pm
CJane - my parents are helping me out. The money for school is the money they set aside for my wedding. There's only so much of it. I will probably be in loan territory before I am through. My sister pays me for the time I spend with her kids.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:22 am
Sorry to hear all that, Lil 'k.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Lil 'k)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 06:46 am
Hang in there, k. You'll get there!
One thing at a time. (If you can)
(Why won't those bloody teachers get off their bums & get back to you about a placement? Very poor! Grrrrr.)
Good luck & try not to fret (too much!)
0 Replies