Contact lenses

Pitter

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:11 pm
My optometry shop encouraged me to try a new lens called Ooptix 2 saying it lets more oxygen pass so is healthier. I've tried them and they produce the burning irritation after just a couple of days use that my old Acuvue 2s produce after two weeks. My usage in both cases includes daily removal and cleaning. Has anyone else tried/used Ooptix by Ciba Vision?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 821 • Replies: 3
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:22 am
I have those contacts. I find they're pretty good as long as I don't leave them in for extended amounts of time....which I usually wind up doing. Could it be that you wear them for longer then the recommended time quite often?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:06 am
I am not familiar with those contacts. I would say though, that if you are cleaning them propersly, and they are causing irritation, maybe you are sensitive to some substance in the lenses. Why don't you check with your optometrist, and ask him if he has experienced such a problem with other patients?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:52 am
Thank you both. I am going back to my Acuvues for a while to see if it's me or the lenses.
0 Replies