I Don't Know What To Do

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
Let me share something and tell me what you think I should do.

Last year I had a g/f and had been together more than one year. She has to go back to her country leaving me behind without any promises nor words between us. Previously I met her I had a girl in my life who was not my g/f although we were more than friends. She still in touch with me thro' emails, phones, but never up to be b/f and g/f. My parents also happy with this girl for marriage whereas the g/f wasn't approved by them.
Now... my g/f of one year is back in her country arranged marriage by the parents. She calls me almost everyday and asked me to marry her? Shocked
What should I do. She said she loves only me not the man she is to marry. But the wedding is coming in March 06. I am in crisis as the girl my parent likes(I like her too but not as much as the g/f I had) also expecting me for life time partner. Sad Which one should I go with....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 540 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:01 am
I come from a culture where arranged marriages are not the norm; people choose their own partners. So bear in mind that my opinion may not be valid for other cultures.

My feeling is you should marry NEITHER of these women. My reasoning is that marriage should be long term in intention, even if it does not work out that way later on. That means that before you marry somebody you should be absolutely sure and have no doubts whatsoever. And the very question, "Should I marry this girl?" would seem like a ridiculous question!

If you need to ask on a web forum, "Which of these people should I marry?" then you are not sure enough!

Last years's girlfriend left you behind "without any promises nor words between us." She didn't care enough about you then, but now she does because she fears the arranged marriage!

The "girl in my life who was not my g/f although we were more than friends" was "never up to be b/f and g/f". So you didn't care enough about her, to call her your "g/f".

You sound very young, if you can talk about relationships in text-speak abbreviations, and talk about marrying this girl or that girl as if they were cars you might buy or not.

If you need to weigh up pros and cons, in fact if there are any cons at all that you can think of, don't do it!!!!!

Also, it is you that must marry a girl and live with her, not your parents! You will be alive a long time after your parents are dead, (you hope), why should they determine your life's happiness?

Wait until you are older and wiser, and then you will know without the need to post a question on a web forum!
0 Replies

aussieguruu

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:43 am
Dear Contrex,

Wow......you really answered my worries well. I understand all the points you mentioned that to follow your own heart. Very Happy I appreciated very much for commenting about my questions here in the forum.

Other comments are welcome too...
0 Replies