Thanks Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:37 am
neologist wrote:
mesquite wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Setanta,

I can't argue with you there. Is it just the christians that are lying though?

I've seen many people take the bible out of context as well by taking just one part of it and promoting some wacked out theory based on one scripture... or a bunch of little pieces out of context to try to make a whole. Both christians and non-christians. I think there's a potential for that to happen with just about any theory out there. It's easy enough to do.

Since you need some action... do you have any references to some of the many non-christians doing what I have colored red in your quote?
Where are CI and Frank when you need them?
I could swear that our good friends CI, Frank, xingu and others have provided enough strawmen to fuel the bonfire of the ages.

I was kind of hoping that my name dropping would bring them back without me having to search for a few of their choice posts. Not to worry. There are plenty of strawmen cobbled up into this thread:

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1795928#1795928
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
I'm just so tired of religion. Its all smoke and mirrors. There is no divine policeman keeping morals in line. Worst are the priests the imans the rabbis who cynically pedal myth and superstition dressed up as absolute truth for reasons of social control.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:47 am
Edit: Whoops, scratch that last comment... I get it now. Thanks.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:54 am
Get what?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:58 am
How the link was related to the subject. I was a little confused when I first went there because I didn't scroll all the way down. Which also provided me with the thread I was actually looking for last night to post out of. So thanks, even if it wasn't intended for me. LOL
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:02 pm
So what you mean is:
Someone wrote:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said; but I'm not sure you realize that what I said is not what I meant.

Or am I wrong for the 3255th time?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:21 pm
What I mean is that I think this whole thing was blown out of proportion. I meant what I said when I said it. Then I realized I was wrong about my whole argument stance and apologized. Do ya'll want me to lick your boots clean now? Cause if that's what you are expecting you will be sorely disappointed. I won't grovel and beg for forgiveness when I've already apologized once. You can take it, leave it, choose to ignore it. It's up to you.

Would anyone else be interested in hearing me repeat myself one more time?

Oh yes, let me go ahead and APOLOGIZE now for losing my patience here.

Did everyone catch THAT apology?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm
um, about that boot licking thing, could you elaborate?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:50 pm
LOL cute dys... very cute... I think NOT. But thanks for the offer...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:53 pm
It's nice to know that dys is one of those unfortunates with that certain prediliction towards the leanings he so subtly hinted at.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:56 pm
And that heph is so perfectly normal in the grand tradition of Anne of Green Gables.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:01 pm
Ok you lost me spendius... sorry...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
Well... off to work I go...

I hope you all have a good day!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 05:14 pm
hephzibah wrote:
Ahhh backed into a corner once again. Dang it all.. There are things here I could quote... not sure if I'm so comfortable doing that though... it seems like I'd be hanging people out to dry... Of course if I don't I'm hanging myself out to dry, correct?

I was actually talking more about things outside of the forum. Which I can offer no proof for because it's just my word that things happened a certain way. Let me see if I can find the ones I've seen here... could take a little time though...

There are things here she can quote, giving evidence of non-Christians misquoting the Bible.

Then, she should quote them. Let's see who makes her cut. Gather round, ladies and gentlemen, for the A2K Inquisition. Who does this judger of souls send to hell?

We offer you the very best in Christianity---right here, folks. Watch the show.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
hephzibah wrote:
What I mean is that I think this whole thing was blown out of proportion. I meant what I said when I said it. Then I realized I was wrong about my whole argument stance and apologized. Do ya'll want me to lick your boots clean now? Cause if that's what you are expecting you will be sorely disappointed. I won't grovel and beg for forgiveness when I've already apologized once. You can take it, leave it, choose to ignore it. It's up to you.

Would anyone else be interested in hearing me repeat myself one more time?

Oh yes, let me go ahead and APOLOGIZE now for losing my patience here.

Did everyone catch THAT apology?

If that is your rendition of an apology, it needs some work. Re our short exchange: the only apology I saw was for using J_B as an example for the statement not for making the statement itself.
hephzibah wrote:
mesquite wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Setanta,

I can't argue with you there. Is it just the christians that are lying though?

I've seen many people take the bible out of context as well by taking just one part of it and promoting some wacked out theory based on one scripture... or a bunch of little pieces out of context to try to make a whole. Both christians and non-christians. I think there's a potential for that to happen with just about any theory out there. It's easy enough to do.

Since you need some action... do you have any references to some of the many non-christians doing what I have colored red in your quote?

I finally found something close to what I was looking for, though I realize after re-reading this that "wacked out theory" was a little harsh on my part. Forgive me for this please J_B.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67245&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=70

Does this satisfy your question Mesquite?

Could be a symptom of fingers working faster than thinking. When the primary goal is quantity, quality often suffers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:13 pm
Wow, Lash . . . is this gonna be a series? Are we gonna have new victims . . . er, i mean, guests on each show?

This could be big . . .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
It appears that Hephzibah has ajudged who is a Christian, who is not, and who has wacked out theories. I'dlike to know who is a Christian, who is a non-Christian and I'd like to see the Judge's credentials.

I'm really sick of this ****.

Chai Tea found a hive of them on another site, led by the Purple Martyr, discussing the religious status of A2K.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
mesquite wrote:

If that is your rendition of an apology, it needs some work. Re our short exchange: the only apology I saw was for using J_B as an example for the statement not for making the statement itself.

huh, what, huh? Should I be paying attention here?
0 Replies