Everyone Should Start Smoking.

NickFun

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:33 pm
I have it figured out. Over the past 20 years obesity has become epidemic in this country. There was once a time when very few Americans were obese. Why? Because eveyone smoked! When people quit smoking they gained weight. Now people don't smoke and they are fat. The solution to the obesity problem is quite simple. Everyone start smoking! We would see fewer deaths from obesity related illnesses and diabetes would no longer be such a health threat! Why can't doctors simply tell their overweight patients to start smoking?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,116 • Replies: 10
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:08 pm
<snork>

Really that's a pretty funny observation.

You used to always hear people complain about smokers on airplanes and now they complain about being seatmates with an obese person.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
chewing might be more effective, keeps the jaw busy, might even make food taste worse, and no second-hand smoke. Razz
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:16 pm
No butts about it... Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
Are those cig butts or obese butts, fishin?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:29 pm
Butts is butts. Either one will kill ya!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:43 am
Everybody was thinner back then because people were more active and there were fewer fast food places.

I think it's computers and the internet that is making people fat. Hours and hours spend sitting in front of a screen.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:43 am
I stopped smoking and never gained an ounce...for the first year. Then it got bad. I discovered the joys of the internet and sat idly stuffing food into my mouth all day long. Work called and I said I was recovering from swine flu. This was sort of true as I had eaten 4 pounds of bacon and 8 pork chops the night before. Eventually I got over my internet addiction and got out the door again (it took a while but eventually I figured out how to work that round twisty thing that opens it).

These days I am actually some 30 pounds lighter than I was when smoking, in part because I have more physical energy now and so I can move around better. Sadly I never did finish that last pack of Winston...such a loss.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 10:51 am
Or even better, start smoking crack.

It's a great appetite suppressant. Rarely do you see a fat crackhead. And many people think supermodels are dumb bimbos, but they're smart enough to maintain a healthy coke addiction.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:08 am
Slappy's onto something. You never see a fat drug addict.

Actually, I hear cocaine is a wonderful weight-loss remedy. (But if it isn't, you won't care)

Smoking nicotine may help, but avoid marijuana- it'll make you eat more.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
Many of the friends of my youth were speed freaks. Skin and bones, every one of them.
0 Replies