Can you help me put this into context?

JustWonders

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:35 am
boomerang wrote:
I certainly hope that I didn't give the impression that my brother told this story for anyone's amusement or to vent his own frustrations.

No, I didn't get that impression from your story about your brother. Rather, I was recounting the experiences from some of my correspondence. Some is amusing, some frustrating, some complaining - but only that they aren't able to help faster.

boomerang wrote:
Isn't it true that in apres-war (if we can call it that) Iraq that there are both scheduled and unscheduled power outtages on a daily basis?

Yes. The difference is the Iraqi people can complain openly whereas before they risked prison or death.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:00 am
JustWonders, I know you're not one of those who think our military is just packed with uneducated, hillbilly dipshits who don't have any other optons in life. I admit to having a tendency to get a little defensive at the hint of a suggestion that he might be "laughing" at these situations.

That said, I believe humor is an important way to deal with most things.

As someone who enjoys their birthright to complain I know what an important way that can be to deal with things too.
0 Replies