Iraqi Airforce Boss: Iraqi WMDs hidden in Syria

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:37 am
Apparently, everybody on the planet knows about this one other than for the deadwood at the NY Times and the Wash Post. That's probably part of why fourth quarter profits for the NY Times are down from 110 million in 04 to about 64 million in 05.

http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/article_2124562.shtml

Bush Was Right: Syria Hides Saddam WMD
by J. Grant Swank, Jr.
Jan 26, 2006

US President George W. Bush was correct in saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq under the Saddam Hussein two decades-plus murder rule. Recall that numerous Democrats prior to Mr. Bush's election to the Oval Office said the same. Further, many said the same after Mr. Bush moved into the White House.

Now we have proof.

It comes from none other than Hussein's General Georges Sada. The nub of his data is this: Hussein flew WMD into Syria before Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were loaded onto civilian planes with seats removed to make room, so states Hussein's second in command official in Hussein's air force.

"Saddam's Secrets," is the name of his recently released book. There details are exposed, according to The New York Sun's Ira Stoll.

"'There are weapons of mass destruction gone out from Iraq to Syria, and they must be found and returned to safe hands,' Mr. Sada said. 'I am confident they were taken over.'"

Therefore, Mr. Bush was correct in his repeated assurance that the liberation of Iraqis was motivated by removing these WMD, such feared over years by both Democrats and Republicans. They were also feared by other free nations' leadership.

When Mr. Bush said over television that "we did not find those weapons" after the liberation, he was speaking truth. They had been hoisted from Iraq into Syria.

Now it's time to go after Syria. And the entire free world should do so, not just the United States. Further, the Democrats should apologize to the President and American people for carping against the President when the President was indeed correct.

Syria has long been a supporter of Islamic killers international. Many hide within its borders. Many of its leaders are radical legalistic Muslims who follow the murder and maiming dictates of the Koran."Mr. Sada, 65, told the Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004, after Saddam was captured by American troops.

"'I know them very well. They are very good friends of mine. We trust each other. We are friends as pilots,' Mr. Sada said of the two pilots. He declined to disclose their names, saying they are concerned for their safety. But he said they are now employed by other airlines outside Iraq."

Iraqi Airways Boeings had their seats removed in order to transport cargo. Special Republican Guard Brigades transported WMD onto the planes.

"'Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming,' Mr. Sada said. 'They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians.'"

Sada, 65, informed media that by divulging detail he fears for his family's safety. But he feels compelled to tell the facts now that so much has developed, especially since Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Vouching for his honesty is Terry Law, President, World Compassion, Tulsa, Oklahoma, a humanitarian organization. Law stated to the press that he has known Sada, a Christian, since 2002, having spent time in his Sada's in the USA. Law has no doubt that Sada is revealing truth.

"'Do I believe this man? Yes,' Mr. Law said. 'It's been solid down the line and everything checked out. This is not a publicity hound. This is a man who wants peace (while) putting his family on the line.'"

Sada thanks the multinational forces for what they have done to liberate Iraqis from Hussein's hellish reign. He does not consider them as occupiers but liberators. He does not regard Operation Iraqi Freedom as an intrusion but a liberation.

"'They liberated the country and the nation. It is a liberation force. They did a great job,' he said. 'We have been freed.'"

Now Sada will meet with Washington officialdom, particularly the Senate Armed Services Committee select members.

"The book also says that on the eve of the first Gulf War, Saddam was planning to use his air force to launch a chemical weapons attack on Israel."

In April 2004, US Vice President Dick Cheney stated to the press that he had seen reports regarding Hussein's WMD being moved to Syria.

Further, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on December 23, 2002, stated: "'Chemical and biological weapons which Saddam is endeavoring to conceal have been moved from Iraq to Syria.'" See article in the Fall 2005 Middle East Quarterly .

American press gave those words little aattention since the nation was caught up in Christmas celebrations and vacations.

Syria and Iraq were joined at the hip regarding the Baathism ideology-a mix of Nazism and Marxism.

Syria's own chemical warfare agenda has been of extreme concern to the United States and Israel.

"In March 2004, the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet, testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee, saying, 'Damascus has an active CW development and testing program that relies on foreign suppliers for key controlled chemicals suitable for producing CW.'

"Mr. Sada is an unusual figure for an Iraqi general as he is a Christian and was not a member of the Baath Party. He now directs the Iraq operations of the Christian humanitarian organization, World Compassion."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,915 • Replies: 23
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:43 am
Expect to see the usual crowd anytime now. Think they will berate you or the author more gungasnake? They can't bear to see news like this. It's like sunlight to a vampire to them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:50 am
Lol!!!

Looks good...but how good is it:

"January 26, 2006
FOX News Finds The Missing Iraqi Weapons Of Mass Destruction
One of the guests last night on Hannity & Colmes claimed to know that Saddam Hussein shipped his weapons of mass destruction to Syria in the summer of 2002. His name is General Georges Sada, and he is the author of a new book, “Saddam’s Secrets,” that just happens to be published by FOX News sister company, HarperCollins. I’d expect this to be major, major news on FNC. So why did they wait until 45 minutes into the hour to do just a brief interview with Sada?

Hannity described Sada as one of the top military advisers to Saddam and “the only man that disagreed with the dictator and lived to tell about it.” As Sada told it, Saddam Hussein “took advantage of a natural disaster,” i.e. a broken dam in Syria, to move the weapons out. Sada knows this because he has friends who were captains in the Iraqi Air Force. Sada said the weapons went to Damascus. Under further questioning from Bob Beckel, sitting in for Colmes, Sada said that Iraq had no nuclear weapons and had long since had its nuclear capabilities destroyed.

Sada claims to have been No. 2 in the Air Force but he is still living in Iraq. I did a Google search of Sada and found that he is a staunch supporter of the US invasion. Hmm. A high-ranking Saddam Hussein official who now supports Bush? The pieces just don’t seem to fit together here. Anybody know anything about this guy?"

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/01/26/fox_news_finds_the_missing_iraqi_weapons_of_mass_destruction.php

Let us see what develops...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:52 am
this makes me even more dubious about the capability of our intelligence. Here we were operating a "no fly zone" and nobody thought to look at some cargo planes??
I guess now, based on this book we should invade Syria?

For the record, what were we talking here, a thousand C130's? hundreds of giant Russian "Dreams"? or are we talking less than 10 planes with some barrels in them.

BTW, whatabout the nukes? A thousand barrels of VX is not exactly a strategic weapon, its a tactical weapon that we were prepared for, and for some reason they never materialized.

The problem with you gunga is that every thing you post is usually a rumor or unproven. Because this guy wrote a book(which, no doubt hes trying to peddle) doesnt mean its true until we focus on the forensics.

Remember Mr Challabi? he was a reputable source too no?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:54 am
Don't give up Gunga ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:02 am
And...he is a born again christian, who says Iraq is historically a christian country...is that true?

(That bit was from a christian website, whose url I lost)

"
General Georges Sada's Biography:

Georges Hormis Sada graduated from Iraq’s Air Academy in 1959 and was trained by elite forces in Great Britain, Russia and the U.S. An ace fighter pilot who trained other pilots, he went on to become air vice marshal in Saddam Hussein’s military. His acts of bravery, including saving the lives of forty downed coalition pilots in the Gulf War, have earned him hero status.

Georges Sada was born into an Assyrian Christian family in northern Iraq and became a born-again believer in 1986. Georges had great favor with the former Iraqi dictator, as he is one of the few Iraqi men to ever publicly confront Saddam Hussein and live to tell about it. Georges believes a key reason why he served as one of Saddam’s most trusted advisors was to persuade him against

attacking the nation of Israel with chemical weapons, something Saddam attempted to do on two separate occasions.

Now retired, Georges is director of the Iraqi Institute for Peace and also serves as spokesman for the newly elected prime minister of Iraq. He is also the president of the National Presbyterian Church in Baghdad and chairman of the Assembly of Iraqi Evangelical Presbyterian Churches.

In recent years, Georges held the position of principal advisor to the former Iraqi Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi. Additionally, he acted as the lead consultant for the reconstruction of all three branches of the Iraqi defense system. In June of 2003, Georges received the prestigious International Prize for Peace and Reconciliation presented by the Bishop of Coventry, England.

Georges Sada is the author of the book, Saddam’s Secrets, an expose on Iraq’s weapons programs and the murderous reign of Saddam Hussein."

http://generalgeorgessada.ambassadoragency.com/client_profile.cfm/cid/1225?categories_id=20
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:19 am
Impossible..Can't be..Saddam promissed he had none and ALL the libs agree that GW made the whole thing up.

Are we sure it wans't a shippemnt of baby food disguised as WMD???
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:29 am
Iraqi General: Bin Laden Visited Baghdad

The Iraqi general who served as a top lieutenant to Saddam Hussein said Thursday that he personally witnessed Osama bin Laden inspecting Iraqi air force facilities in Baghdad.

Speaking in halting English, former Iraqi Gen. Georges Sada described the bin Laden visit to ABC Radio's Sean Hannity.

"I can make sure one thing - I know - I have seen by my eyes. It was in '84, '85, Osama bin Laden himself was coming to Iraqi air force headquarters."

Gen. Sada explained: "At that time he was looking for contracts to build air fields in Iraq."

The top Hussein lieutenant said he had no idea if the visit was part of any alliance between bin Laden and the Iraqi dictator.

Bin Laden's 1984 trip to Baghdad has never before been revealed, though a 1998 visit during which the al Qaeda chief allegedly met with Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz was reported by the Weekly Standard two years ago.

In an interview that appeared in Thursday's New York Sun, Gen. Sada confirmed that Saddam had spirited his weapons of mass destruction out of the country before the U.S. invaded in March 2003.

"Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming," he told the Sun. "They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians."

Gen. Sada's allegations are detailed at length in his newly released book, "Saddam's Secrets."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:18 pm
Interesting how the American intelligence services did not seem to pick up any of this so freely available information in defending themselves.....?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:50 pm
Just. One. Neutral. Source. That's all I need.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:38 pm
If Sada is correct, Osama was in Baghdad about the same time Rumsfeld was.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:42 pm
http://traprockpeace.org/scottMIT.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:57 pm
So the US invaded Iraq and now Syria has WMDs?
I feel much better now.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:00 pm
George wrote:
So the US invaded Iraq and now Syria has WMDs?
I feel much better now.

You'd rather we just let Saddam keep WMDs and WMD development programs, and let him stall until something blew up, or until he announced he had WMD enough to protect himself from anyone, and re-invaded Kuwait? You'd rather we talk for another dozen years and not treat it as not a grave problem?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
I'd rather let him and the UN inspectors play their little shell game till the
cows came home, before starting a war.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:10 pm
George wrote:
I'd rather let him and the UN inspectors play their little shell game till the
cows came home, before starting a war.

Yeah, giving him time to perfect and accumulate WMD would be brilliant. So that one day Saddam could suddenly announce that he had accumulated enough WMD to make demands that couldn't be ignored, like North Korea does now, or sell WMD to terrorists of some stripe who would then kill hundreds of thousands of people in the West or Israel, or simply re-invade Kuwait and tell us that if we dared to stop him this time, Kuwait would cease to exist.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:10 pm
Not Brandon, he's all for blood-letting . . . so long as it's not his blood which is being let . . .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
Setanta wrote:
Not Brandon, he's all for blood-letting . . . so long as it's not his blood which is being let . . .

If by that, you mean that I am in favor of keeping WMD out of the hands of madmen, you are correct.

You appear to be advancing the theory that no one may rightfully be in favor of a military action unless he takes part in it, which is merely stupid.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:15 pm
I know how to tell Hussein had WMD's.

We gave them to him.

The best way to keep WMD's out of the hands of a madman is not to put WMD's int he hands of a madman.

But then Bush and the enemy are old friends.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:28 pm
Hokey pokey.
0 Replies