WHOPPERS FOR JESUS

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:37 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Cliff Hanger,

I will be glad to answer your question. I would, of course, do what I could to see that my rights were established as I felt they should be and I would do it within the guidelines of the law.

However, I would not get angry at someone else if they did not agree with me about it. Why should I? That is their right. I do not agree with 100% of 100% of anyone or anything and I highly doubt anyone else does either.

I have no problem with people lobbying for what they want as laws or rights as long as it is done within the law. The problem I do have is when others are judged wrong or whatever derogatory term you put to it just because they have differing views, beliefs, or opinions.

An example would be your:[/color]

Quote:
....Subterfuge. Condescending. Arrogant. Long-winded.

statement. I would have answered you more fully if I had realized you didn't receive a satisfactory aswer.

Do you realize then, that you are in an exalted position-- that you enjoy all the rights and freedoms because you are straight?

Do you see that denying law abiding gay people, who are good citizens, who work hard for their money, and contribute to the economy, who are excellent parents, and pay their taxes, ought to be granted the same priviledges as you? Put yourself in their shoes and answer the question not from what the bible tells you but from what you believe.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:37 pm
Setanta,

Ok!
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Actually, I think I would just commit suicide and not ever have to worry about this again. Laughing

Committing suicide, or following the bible-- they are both convenient ways to avoid any responsibility.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
It's being Sunday, all I can say is, "ramen."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:42 pm
Cliff Hanger Wrote:

Quote:
Do you realize then, that you are in an exalted position-- that you enjoy all the rights and freedoms because you are straight?

Do you realize that I am just exercising my legal rights? Do you understand that I am doing nothing to deny anyone anything? Do you understand this is merely my opinion and that's all it is? Do you understand that my opinion isn't going to change a single thing?

Do you see that denying law abiding gay people, who are good citizens, who work hard for their money, and contribute to the economy, who are excellent parents, and pay their taxes, ought to be granted the same priviledges as you? Put yourself in their shoes and answer the question not from what the bible tells you but from what you believe.

I have answered this question more times than I care to remember. If you do not accept my answer, then you do not accept it. I can't do anything about that. I respect your right to your opinion enough to not tell you that you are wrong and continue to question you for it and I would appreciate the same from you.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

IT WAS A JOKE PHOENIX! Didn't you see the smiley?

Now, who is operating off of preconceived notions here? :wink: [/color]

Not a funny joke, at that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:43 pm
Phoenix has brought no "pre-conceived" notions here--she is and has consistently been responding to the body of your posts, both in this thread and throughout the site. I think no one here has engaged you more directly than has Phoenix. It is a sad comment that you make such feeble attempts to squirm away from her questions when she quotes you directly.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:49 pm
Setanta,

No offense intended here. Phoenix is quite capable of speaking for herself. She is a very fair woman who I respect highly.

I have answered this question to the best of my ability. If that is not accepted by anyone then that is just the way it is. Period.

And sir, you are one to talk about squirming out of comments you have made when they are pointed out to you. So, I am more than happy to just agree to disagree on this issue.

If some wish to view me as wrong, so be it. View me as wrong. It is not going to change my life one iota, nor do I suppose it will change anyone else's.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:54 pm
Answer my questions, please : Do you see that being straight puts you in an exalted position in the eyes of the law?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
No. I do not see that being straight puts me in an exalted position in the eyes of the law.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:08 pm
So, a typical MOAN response--Phoenix nailed you on your idiotic comment about reserving the right to decide what rights others deserve to have, but you won't admit it. She shot you down big time, and you aren't big enough to admit that you were wrong and she pointed it out.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:10 pm
Don't you have a frisbee to chase or something? Laughing

I am handling it with, Phoenix, thank you. I don't need your help to mediate this and I don't think she does either. :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:13 pm
Cliff Hanger wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Actually, I think I would just commit suicide and not ever have to worry about this again. Laughing

Committing suicide, or following the bible-- they are both convenient ways to avoid any responsibility.

yep
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:46 pm
Phoenix Wrote:

Quote:
Momma- O.K. So this is a discussion. For arguments sake, I propose this scenario:

You have the power to pass a law that would allow gay couples to marry. You cannot abstain. You have to decide whether you want to pass this law or not.

You have two conflicting thoughts about this issue:

As you have said, " I do not believe anyone should be denied their human rights."

You don't approve of gay couples.

Would you pass the law giving gays the right to marry?

No. I would not pass the law giving gays the right to marry.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:49 pm
How 'bout pork and shellfish laws?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:50 pm
Or masturabtion laws?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:53 pm
Chumly,

That is another discussion entirely. The least you can do is let them let me have it for answering the way I did. Please don't spoil their fun. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
They are all biblically classified as the same, an "abomination". Therefore Homosexuality, Shell Fish, and Pork fall under the exact same umbrella.

You cannot say you do not condone Homosexual marriage, while in the same mouthful condone Shell Fish, and Pork.

Christianity does not have a Biblical provision for picking and choosing the abominations you approve of and the abominations you don't approve of.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:09 pm
Chumly,

Tell you what, when it comes up for a vote about whether eating pork or shellfish is legal we can discuss it, ok? Right now, we are talking about same sex marriage.

Let's be fair, Chumly. It was pointed out that I was avoiding this question with other issues. So, please, let's stick to this one issue right now.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 08:03 pm
As discussed I assert they are not separate issues, and I have provided my rationale, whereas you simply claim they are separate issues, and have not provided any rationale.
0 Replies