WHOPPERS FOR JESUS

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:02 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I don't know cyphercat. It sure seemed like to me Amigo saying that "People who follow religion are a burden on mankind" was pretty clear. And he seems to think that mankind will be free once religion is gone. Now, if I misunderstood Amigo. I'd be more than willing to have it cleared up. But, he said he thinks we should give it up for ourselves and mankind. So, Amigo, have I misunderstood?
No you understood right. Men who follow or use religion would have to stand on their own and endorse their ideas through there own strength, logic and reasoning because without god and religion nobody would give them the time of day.

I notice you did not answer my questions?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:04 pm
Actually, I did answer your questions. They are right before this post of yours.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

I understand how some see religion, as the history has not been exactly peaceful. However, Amigo, how many religious people do you actually know that are out there killing people in the name of God? How many live on your street? You make it sound like every person that has a religious belief is a murderer or something. I don't think that's a very fair assessment.

And,

Momma A wrote:

I don't know cyphercat. It sure seemed like to me Amigo saying that "People who follow religion are a burden on mankind" was pretty clear.

Yes, it was clear that he said religious people are a burden on mankind. However, you then said he made it sound like "every person that has a religious belief is a murderer or something." Those aren't the same at all, so I was pointing out that he never implied that all religious people are murderers.

Being a burden is a lot different than being a murderer. The point that he brought up about religion burdening society is interesting and I didn't want that to be obscured by you claiming he'd said all religious people are murderers. Just trying to keep things on track.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
ma, fyi I find it very difficult if not impossible to read your blue.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:08 pm
cyphercat,

No problem. I think you are right. I'm sorry for misconstruing that point, Amigo.

dys,

Will this work?. :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:10 pm
Hmm, I liked the blue...You'll never make everyone happy, Momma A!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
No. I guess not! Sorry dys, but the blue DOES match my angel dress! Laughing

I could always go back to the bold!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:16 pm
ok whatever, my monitor screen is blue so your blue type disappears.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:19 pm
Maybe the worlds athiest, agnostics, deist and anyone else, god believing or not, need to form a giant international religion police force that says "You guys are full of sh!t. God is not talking to you and you get no authority from him to press yourself on others and were here to stop you."
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
dys,

Probably nothing you haven't already heard me say before anyway. :wink:

Amigo,

Excuse me?! Shocked Ok, let's run this down a bit here, shall we:

In just the example of you and I discussing this:

1) You made the choice to post in this thread.
2) I made the choice to post in this thread.

Same thing/both have the same rights.

1) You are saying exactly what you want to say.
2) I am saying exactly what I want to say.

Same thing/both have the same rights.

1) You want to rid the world of religion.
2) I don't.

So, whose rights are being violated if you get your little religious police force to stop me? Evil or Very Mad Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:42 pm
Where did I say "I" want to rid the world of religion?

That you insist on turning the tables away from the truth about religion is part of the problem.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:48 pm
Gee, I don't know. Maybe I got that idea from your religious police squad? If you have a religious police squad, I would assume that religion would be illegal? You tell me what you would call it exactly so I don't misunderstand, please. Laughing

Whose truth?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:54 pm
Religion wouldn't be illegal only where men thought religion gave them authority to enforce their own ideas on other people because god told them they had the right to but my main point is YOU should abandon religion voluntarily and see the light.

You lagh but you can not win this aurgument. You can only say "god told me and he is right period" which means you give up because you havn't a leg to stand on.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
Amigo,

Yes, I understand that YOU think I should abandon religion and see the light. I know. I get that. If I abandoned it and saw the light as you see it, then that would alleviate you of any infringement of my rights, eh? :wink:

So, just how would you define where religion wouldn't be illegal and where it would be illegal?

Interesting conversation BTW. Laughing

And just what makes you think I am trying to win anything? I thought we were just having a discussion? Right now, as I see it, it's becoming more an issue of civil rights than what God says or not.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:02 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Gee, I don't know. Maybe I got that idea from your religious police squad? If you have a religious police squad, I would assume that religion would be illegal? You tell me what you would call it exactly so I don't misunderstand, please. Laughing

Whose truth?
Whose truth? The truth of a world engulfed in religious war which you indirectly contribute to.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
Ok, you are getting a bit off of the meat of the discussion Amigo. We can come back to this me indirectly contributing to the war. I definitely do want to come back to that.

But, back to the religious police thing................
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:06 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Amigo,

Yes, I understand that YOU think I should abandon religion and see the light. I know. I get that. If I abandoned it and saw the light as you see it, then that would alleviate you of any infringement of my rights, eh? :wink:

So, just how would you define where religion wouldn't be illegal and where it would be illegal?

Interesting conversation BTW. Laughing

And just what makes you think I am trying to win anything? I thought we were just having a discussion? Right now, as I see it, it's becoming more an issue of civil rights than what God says or not.
Why would I want you to stop following one thing to follow me. Think for yourself. Be a freethinker with your god given brain.

Does god/religion have authority over civil rights?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:08 pm
Whoa. You are losing me here. You haven't answered me about where religion would be illegal and where it wouldn't be. I think this is pretty important.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:12 pm
Amigo wrote:
Religion wouldn't be illegal only where men thought religion gave them authority to enforce their own ideas on other people because god told them they had the right to but my main point is YOU should abandon religion voluntarily and see the light.

You lagh but you can not win this aurgument. You can only say "god told me and he is right period" which means you give up because you havn't a leg to stand on.
Did I or did I not answer you here and why did you not acknowledge it?

I really want to know why you pass over some things I say and pick some others. Are you trying to avoid what I'm trying to tell and paint your own picture of me?

You are trying to create somthing about me that doesn't exsist.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:23 pm
Amigo,

No, that's not what I am doing at all! I read that but it doesn't fully answer my question. I guess I should have asked you for some specifics. Like how would they be enforcing their own ideas? Any particular settings? Scenarios?

If you are going to have religious police they are going to have to have guidelines. You can't have a police force to enforce laws and the laws not be clearly stated.
0 Replies