WHOPPERS FOR JESUS

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:50 pm
Yes, and a conundrum, as it means, clearly, that he (she?) is likely a liar . . .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:20 pm
Quote:
Gunga Din's thesis, one for which Madden provides conveniently disingenuous evidence, is that there is an Islamic monolith which has eternally threatened the great, enduring values of the the chrisitian world ...

You only have to look at a map of Asia and Africa to comprehend the reality of the situation.

http://www.islamicweb.com/begin/muslims_population.gif

I claim that picture tells the entire story. Islam threatens everything and everybody which is not islammic; it's not just a Christian problem.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:41 pm
Imagine what would happen in the world if religion dissapeared overnight. What if overnight the Jews, Muslims and Christians forgot what they were fighting for.

They just stopped and said "what the hell are we doing, Hey let's got get an ice tea and catch a movie. I hear that brokeback mountain is good."
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:46 pm
Amigo wrote:
Imagine what would happen in the world if religion dissapeared overnight. What if overnight the Jews, Muslims and Christians forgot what they were fighting for.

They just stopped and said "what the hell are we doing, Hey let's got get an ice tea and catch a movie. I hear that brokeback mountain is good."

That's really wonderful. What you're saying is that if all those Christians and Budhists and Hindus and Jews would just stop doing suicide bombingts, kidnappings, hijackings, and other forms of terrorism and what not the problems of the world would simply evaporate, right?

I mean, what's wrong with that picture? See ifyou can't figure it out...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 02:51 pm
right.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:01 pm
Well gungasnake, we'd have good company. Laughing Honestly, Amigo, you can't really believe what you said? Do you think all the world's ills are caused by religion?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:03 pm
Amigo...Reality check needed Shocked
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:19 pm
Religion is man's claim that the higher power is his own. All mans evil is justified through religion. The most evil men on the planet could never acomplish what they have without god and religion.

Maybe some day man will be free if only some of you could catch up.

Do you realise if you were born in Israel you would be a Jew and if you were born in Iraq you would be a Muslim and if you were born in America you would be a.........guess what.

PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW RELIGION ARE A BURDEN ON MANKIND AND THE WORLD SUFFERS FROM THERE WEAKNESS.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:21 pm
Awwww Amigo,

Tell us what you really think. People who follow religion are a burden on mankind?

I see. Shall we just do away with religion then or just the people who follow one?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Amigo...Reality check needed Shocked
Yes, a reality check is badly needed so how about all you religious people get together and check out the reality you perpetuate through religion.

God can't even be proven but the suffering he is causing through man claiming he has the one true god on his side is real. That the reality check we need.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:31 pm
Amigo,

If you do not believe that He exists, then you do not believe it. If others do, then they do. It is not God that is causing the suffering. It is humans. And it is not just humans that practice religion. Are you trying to tell us that the suffering caused on this earth is caused by those that believe in God?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Awwww Amigo,

Tell us what you really think. People who follow religion are a burden on mankind?

I see. Shall we just do away with religion then or just the people who follow one?
"We" should not do away with religion you should do away with religion for yourself and everybody else and everything you think you get from religion was always their anyway only more.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:33 pm
Amigo wrote:
Religion is man's claim that the higher power is his own. All mans evil is justified through religion. The most evil men on the planet could never acomplish what they have without god and religion.

Maybe some day man will be free if only some of you could catch up.

Do you realise if you were born in Israel you would be a Jew and if you were born in Iraq you would be a Muslim and if you were born in America you would be a.........guess what.

PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW RELIGION ARE A BURDEN ON MANKIND AND THE WORLD SUFFERS FROM THERE WEAKNESS.

Poppycock!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:38 pm
Amigo,

Wait a minute. Isn't this getting awfully close to discrimination or something? I don't mean against me. I mean against anyone that has religious beliefs. You think that we should give up our religious beliefs for the sake of mankind? Why would you have us give up one of our civil rights when so many get so angry because they believe religion is trying to take away the civil rights of homosexuals? What is the difference here? Why is it ok for you to want us to give up our rights when you don't think we should give a right to someone that hasn't had that specific right before?

I understand how some see religion, as the history has not been exactly peaceful. However, Amigo, how many religious people do you actually know that are out there killing people in the name of God? How many live on your street? You make it sound like every person that has a religious belief is a murderer or something. I don't think that's a very fair assessment.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
What amigo said was that if religion disappeared overnight, the world would be more peaceful. He said nothing about that all religious people are out there killing in the name of God.

His original premise is quite simple, and true. If overnight religion simply disappeared, one of the giant disagreements among mankind would be gone. Yes, some people would have to learn to comfort themselves without the crutch of religion, but the world would be more peaceful because one of the main causes of war would be gone.

It wouldn't be perfect, and Amigo never claimed it would be, but it would end many ongoing conflicts. Of course, then there'd just be other ones about money, property, etc... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:49 pm
Would consider a political candidate more so if he was a Christian?

Would you vote for a law that would deny gay people the right to marriage?

Do you use the bible as a rule book disregarding your own reasoning?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:51 pm
I don't know cyphercat. It sure seemed like to me Amigo saying that "People who follow religion are a burden on mankind" was pretty clear. And he seems to think that mankind will be free once religion is gone. Now, if I misunderstood Amigo. I'd be more than willing to have it cleared up. But, he said he thinks we should give it up for ourselves and mankind. So, Amigo, have I misunderstood?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:54 pm
cyphercat wrote:
What amigo said was that if religion disappeared overnight, the world would be more peaceful. He said nothing about that all religious people are out there killing in the name of God.

His original premise is quite simple, and true. If overnight religion simply disappeared, one of the giant disagreements among mankind would be gone. Yes, some people would have to learn to comfort themselves without the crutch of religion, but the world would be more peaceful because one of the main causes of war would be gone.

It wouldn't be perfect, and Amigo never claimed it would be, but it would end many ongoing conflicts. Of course, then there'd just be other ones about money, property, etc... Rolling Eyes
Religion as the quise of mans would be gone. He would be forced to enforce his own bullsh!t on his own instead of getting a bunch of weak minded as$holes to follow him because "God told me to tell you to follow what I say".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:55 pm
cyphercat wrote:

what she said.
ramen
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
Amigo Wrote:

Quote:
Would consider a political candidate more so if he was a Christian?

That would depend. I don't agree with everything every Christian believes in. When I vote, I try to know as much about a candidate as possible and vote for the best person. Just because someone says they are a Christian doesn't necessarily make it so.

Would you vote for a law that would deny gay people the right to marriage?

In Louisiana, they do not have the right to marry. So, I'm not denying them anything. I don't get to vote for this and sincerely doubt it will ever come to the point that we, in Louisiana, get to vote on this issue.

Do you use the bible as a rule book disregarding your own reasoning?

In cases like murder, stealing, etc., yes. The Bible says don't do it. I don't. But, if you are talking about common everyday situations I do not automatically run to the Bible to see if the answer is there. There are basic rules that the Bible gives us to follow. Common sense tells me to follow them. However, when deciding what clothes to wear, what to eat, etc., I reason that out for myself. :wink:

Amigo, I have never told you that Gold told me to tell you to do what He says. I have never told you to follow God. I have never said such a thing to you.

0 Replies