WHOPPERS FOR JESUS

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
Setana, yeah, it's a hoot, total parody of the current modern dating dilemma. the "bathe" section is a PG version of erotica.

I admire your dog, he/she seems holy.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
There is a difference between the two Amigo. You are talking about the civil rights that everyone has under the U.S. Constitution. The states are deciding the gay marriage issue.

You, nor anyone else, can tell me who to or who not to believe in. I have freedom of religion according to the U.S. Constitution. You are talking about giving rights to someone that has not had them and I am talking about taking away rights that have been there.
You don't really have a say where gods will is concerned. Religion is a prepetuation of mans will against man and if you do not understand it is because you are worshippoing the wrong god.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:43 pm
BM
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
Amigo,

Well, thanx for the conversation anyway.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:28 pm
I do hope that means you'll be leaving now, as you've contributed nothing to this thread other than your usual egocentrism. Believe it or not, not everything is about you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:29 pm
Cliff Hanger wrote:

She is . . . she's a holy terror . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:52 pm
Setanta Wrote:

[quote]I do hope that means you'll be leaving now, as you've contributed nothing to this thread other than your usual egocentrism. Believe it or not, not everything is about you.[/quote]

Nope. Not going anywhere.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:52 pm

FREE DRINKS AT EVA'S.....

Tired after a long day of toiling on the Politics and Religion threads?
Had enough of pointless arguments? People getting on your nerves?
Come and relax with us at Eva's Wine Cellar.

No debate...just good friends, good drinks and good times.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1822752#1822752

*One free drink to a customer. Mention this ad.

0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:27 am
Momma Angel wrote:
You, nor anyone else, can tell me who to or who not to believe in. I have freedom of religion according to the U.S. Constitution. You are talking about giving rights to someone that has not had them and I am talking about taking away rights that have been there.[/color]

Gay Americans are protected (in theory) as much as you are under the Constitution. Except of course, over the marriage issue. Just think for a moment, think, don't react, and don't fall back on your bible-- What if you were denied the freedoms you currently enjoy, and take for granted, because of your personal preferences? Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a change.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:29 am
Setanta wrote:
Cliff Hanger wrote:

She is . . . she's a holy terror . . .

A true friend, nonetheless.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:40 am
Cliff Hanger Wrote:

[quote]Gay Americans are protected (in theory) as much as you are under the Constitution. Except of course, over the marriage issue. Just think for a moment, think, don't react, and don't fall back on your bible-- What if you were denied the freedoms you currently enjoy, and take for granted, because of your personal preferences? Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a change. [/quote]

If it becomes legal for them to marry then they will have full protection under the Constitution, yes? This is not something that they have had an established right of all along, Cliff Hanger. There is a difference. Taking away someone's established rights is different than the rights not being established.

Why weren't these marriage laws established 10, 20, 30 years ago? Surely there were homosexuals wishing at those times to marry? I have said that yes, I can see how it may be denying their civil rights by voting against this issue and I would; therefore, abstain from voting if I had the chance to vote. This is not an issue in Louisiana as of yet and if it does become one, I highly doubt the everyday citizen will have a vote.

I cannot and will not in all good faith vote yes for this issue. My abstaining will neither oppose nor endorse same sex marriage. I feel it would be the fairest thing for me to do for all concerned.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:13 am
Quote:
Why weren't these marriage laws established 10, 20, 30 years ago? Surely there were homosexuals wishing at those times to marry?

It was against the law, wasn't it? Isn't it STILL a criminal offence in a whole bunch of States even now? You can't just romp up and announce you are planning to marry a same-sex partner if you have just admitted to a felony at the same time? Not if you want to make a bunch of new 'friends'!

For the record it is still illegal to perform 'oral-genital sodomy' in some parts of the USA - even in the District of Washington! Taking huge bribes from corporate 'sponsers', however....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:19 am
Enlightenment takes time to catch up with some of us. Remember when women couldn't vote Momma? Do you enjoy your right to vote to deny another minority their rights?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:25 am
I am not going to argue this issue with anyone. I have made my position clear and you and others have made your positions clear.

I have every right to what I believe and why I believe it. So do you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:35 am
Typical MOAN bullshit--you show up here to inject your obnoxious persona with the same hateful intolerance we've had from you hundreds of times, and then you come out with your snot-nosed "that's just what i believe" crap . . . why don't you learn some new tricks?

Do you have any germane contribution on the topic? That christians will lie, steal and murder to further the goals of their idiotic superstition?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 07:50 am
Setanta- I think that part of the problem is that people who are "true believers" have enveloped their entire ego into those beliefs. If any part of it is disturbed, everything collapses, like a house of cards. It is a lot easier, and less threatening, to accept an entire body of thought "wholesale", than to assume the responsibility of thinking everything out for yourself.

Momma- If you choose to cling to your beliefs, far be it from me to attempt to dissuade you. It does get a little "old" though, when you keep repeating the same things over and over again. We already know that you believe. You have certainly said that often enough. So let's move on.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:06 pm
Yes, let's move on for sure. Laughing

Let's move on from judging other people for what they think or believe. Let's move on from saying the same old crap about their same old crap.

Yes, let's definitely move on...........

Your premise seems to at the very least imply that ALL Christians will lie, murder, etc., for what they believe and that is just a flat out untruth. Comments are made about painting with a wide brush or lumping everyone into a certain category because of some. Yet it is done over and over and over by many and it is just accepted by those and rejected by others. That's the way it is. No one likes everything about everything or everyone. That is the reality.

You despise my beliefs Setanta. You have made that very clear. You think I'm a hypocrite. You have made that very clear. I guess you just will have to deal with it because it doesn't change a single thing I believe or feel.

Yes, we've been over this topic numerous times. My opinion has changed from my original one. I saw no reason to go into it any further as I stated in this thread. I wasn't having the conversation with you, Setanta. And to be quite honest with you, sir, I would think you would be one of the last that would feel justified in pointing out to someone else that they are not contributing to the topic at hand, as you do seem to have a penchant for just throwing off-topic posts in.

I have no desire to argue with any of you. I see no need for it. It does nothing but cause entertainment for some and harsh feelings for others. I have tried to get along with you, Setanta, and I had thought we might be able to do that at one time. Perhaps I was incorrect in that assumption.

But, let me remind you all, this IS a public forum, as many have reminded me. You will just have to live with my posts just as I have to live with yours. It's called one of those things we just have to cope with in life.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:19 pm
I'm easily entertained.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:44 pm
He has loosed the lightning of his terrible swift sword
Our God is marching on
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 02:37 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I'm easily entertained.

I'm easily bored.

http://www.neavs.org/images/merchandise/CARDS_yawning_rabbit.gif

Be nice if MA would bother to answer some of the rational questions asked of her, if she intends to continue posting this opinion again and again, rather than just becoming huffy, but there you go.
0 Replies